Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1388 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

What do YOU want to see happen?

Thread title: What do YOU want to see happen?
Page 11 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11
10-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

If you have a thread already, he can use that as the URL to post good & bad iTrader feedback.

I see a lot of marketplace threads where a service is offered and previous clients post testimonals, I see no problem with this as long as the OP is okay with it, if the OP wants them all to be negative testimonals then sure, likewise with good.

That last extract is just my 2 cent of common sense, nothing in the rules about it as far as im aware. If you guys just thought a little before you posted everything would be okay. (:

10-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

This thread was not meant to be a place of personal assumptions and/or unpleasant comments towards our staff members, but I will comment on the raised suggestion of having public testimonials, and, specifically your concern, TaeKwonJoe.

Originally Posted by TaeKwonJoe View Post
ONLY if the service was dealt with via a thread and ONLY if the deal occured on TF.

According to the current rules, you could contact me via MSN right now, make a deal, scam me, and I couldn't post shit about it.

Just want to say that we are not here to police the web. How members conduct business, or choose to enter into transactions - is up to them. We cannot control nor manage the process, hence verification of complaints about someone is really difficult to perform. Especially those conducted in private. So what Dan said is accurate - if someone is out there to tarnish a reputation of someone else - we would not welcome such threads as there is little we can do about them in the first place, unless the transaction was public and an investigation is possible.

An iTrader is simply a complimentary service that might help you make a decision on whether to deal with a certain member, considering he/she has transaction history here. But it is not something to rely on. What you have to rely on is your own procedures that protect you as a service provider.

Having said that, I love the idea of having a more sophisticated public review system, but assume it will be incredibly complex to apply to a setting like a forum platform. If you have such an idea, you are free to submit it through our "feedback" button floating on the right hand side. If enough interest is there, we can start brainstorming of what it is we want to review, how to control the process, and potential costs involved in running such a system.

I'd rather not have further argument on the subject, so I'd like to leave it at that and keep this thread for other ideas and suggestions. If you have something to say about a particular action by a user/moderator, this is NOT the thread to post in. You are free to contact me personally via PM or email instead. Please do not post here as the post will be deleted (it has gone for long enough already).

Page 11 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11