Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1586 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Does traffic has correlation with search engine ranking?

Thread title: Does traffic has correlation with search engine ranking?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
02-10-2007, 05:31 AM
montyauto is offline montyauto
Software:

montyauto is on a distinguished road

Old  Does traffic has correlation with search engine ranking?

To increase search engine ranking, we need to take care on metatag, look for quality link partner, keywords in paragraph, quality related info, smartpage..

But some one say that if our website traffic increase, search engine ranking will increase as well.

Will that be true?

02-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Suddenly is offline Suddenly
Software:

Suddenly is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't know if that will be true. But I think that you are talking about different things.

02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
domokun is offline domokun
Software:

domokun is on a distinguished road

Old

Actually, its the other way round!
As your SEO rankings increase, your traffic increases!

As for whether an influx of traffic will help your rankings i would say, with 99% certainty, that it does not. Otherwise you could just buy cheap traffic and you'd be at number 1 in no time.

However, I have noticed a few times that Google sends me through one of its own pages before delivering my to a search result. Ive noticed this especially on searches for "cracks" and "warez" (not that I do that sort of thing ). So there is potential for it to be a part of the ranking algorithm but I would say not.

02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
zemms is offline zemms
Software:

zemms is on a distinguished road

Old

for me it depend on where are you traffic come from, is it the quality traffic or your paid for it.

Moreover for SERPs, it all about a good content with a good quality of traffic.

02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
popstalindesign is offline popstalindesign
Expertise:
Software:

popstalindesign is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to popstalindesign

Old

Rankings are dependent on many things but traffic to a site isn't one of them. If you have, for example, a link farm with lots of traffic, it doesn't mean you're going to get better rankings. More than likely your PR will be lower because the quality of links the site has isn't usually good.

02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
prasunsen is offline prasunsen
Software:

prasunsen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to prasunsen

Old

Originally Posted by montyauto View Post
But some one say that if our website traffic increase, search engine ranking will increase as well.
Yes, this is true, although not directly. It's not known the search engines to take the traffic as a ranking criteria (However the opposite is also not known. Google for example uses more than 100 criteria for ranking a page).

But, when you have more traffic to your site, you'll get more people bookmark it. You'll get more people linking to it. You'll have more people talking to it. This all helps your search engines ranking and it gets better.

This all is true assuming that your traffic comes because you have a quality site and the surfers like it. If your traffic comes from paid to surf programs, link farms or something similar, it may even damage your SERPs as other said.

02-16-2007, 10:32 PM
imutopia is offline imutopia
Software:

imutopia is on a distinguished road

Old

The more links you get from relevant websites in your niche the more your traffic will go up and the higher the pr (pagerank) of your website will become. One of the best thing you can do is optimize your website for the appropriate keywords that your targeting which is part of the on site optimization. The second factor is what you should be focusing most of your time on and that is to build up quality links from websites within your niche. You can purchase links or write quality content to get others to start linking to you. Also, providing a quality tool for free for individuals in your niche is not a bad idea because others will start linking to you very nicely. Take care.

Doug

02-21-2007, 07:58 AM
mackad is offline mackad
Software:

mackad is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by popstalindesign View Post
Rankings are dependent on many things but traffic to a site isn't one of them. If you have, for example, a link farm with lots of traffic, it doesn't mean you're going to get better rankings. More than likely your PR will be lower because the quality of links the site has isn't usually good.
Traffic depends on rankins, and not vice versa. And to determine rankings the algorythm is used that takes into consideration too many things like number of backlinks, quality of the content, the relevance of the content to the query and many more we don't know about...

02-21-2007, 09:34 AM
dahlia is offline dahlia
Software:

dahlia is on a distinguished road

Old

And trafic is different. It is useful and unuseful

04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Gracia is offline Gracia
Software:

Gracia is on a distinguished road

Old

Traffic does not effect web site ranking.

But web site ranking does effect your traffic, being that the better your web site is optimized, the better chance that your pages/sites are ranked better, thus leading to more traffic and conversions.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >