Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2027 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Logo critique

Thread title: Logo critique
Closed Thread    
09-21-2008, 01:25 PM
dr avalanche is offline dr avalanche
Software:

dr avalanche is on a distinguished road

Old  Logo critique

Hey.
A client of mine wanted me to do a client for them. They make kinda horror themed drawings and such. They basically wanted their logo name, a ghost character and some kind of horror font.

These are only roughs I made up. So I guess I'm looking for concept crits than the polished look of it.
Thanks everyone.

09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

what would the logo be put on? are they for horror/halloween type illustration books or something? i think you're on the right track but it's hard to tell how it relates to the product.

09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
DevelopersMatch is offline DevelopersMatch
Software:

DevelopersMatch is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to DevelopersMatch

Old

What is the theme?

09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
dr avalanche is offline dr avalanche
Software:

dr avalanche is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by derek lapp View Post
what would the logo be put on? are they for horror/halloween type illustration books or something? i think you're on the right track but it's hard to tell how it relates to the product.
I'm not 100% sure. I know originally it was going to be a stamp design that would be on the tag of the products the client makes ( i believe they make hand made crafts with a horror theme)

Originally I was gonna make it very abstract so it would work well for a small stamp design. But then the client said they didn't want the fact that it may be used on as something small to dictate the design. So I'm trying to balance it between something engaging and something that can be used shrunken down.

But I think it may be used for a manner of things

09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Sacred M is offline Sacred M
Expertise:
Software:

Sacred M is on a distinguished road

Old

2nd one looks like a good concept

09-24-2008, 04:20 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by dr avalanche View Post
I'm not 100% sure. I know originally it was going to be a stamp design that would be on the tag of the products the client makes ( i believe they make hand made crafts with a horror theme)

Originally I was gonna make it very abstract so it would work well for a small stamp design. But then the client said they didn't want the fact that it may be used on as something small to dictate the design. So I'm trying to balance it between something engaging and something that can be used shrunken down.

But I think it may be used for a manner of things
i wouldn't worry about size as an issue. i assume this is done via some illustration/vector method - as long as you keepy your strokes 1-2pts in width you should be fine for scaling. IE your second concept has at most 1.25-1.5 pt stroke, so scaled down it could be too thin to print, but otherwise i think you're fine as far as scalability goes. prints not my speciality, so anyone can correct me if i'm going outside my area.

as far as style/layout goes options 1 & 2 feel like the most usable. they have this packaging type of feeling to them. their shape is most comparable to a square, where the other 2 are more related to a rectangle which can interfere with printing.

the ghost is the mascot, so it's what everyone brands to the company, so it'd be great if you could advance him a little further.

09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Aaron Michael is offline Aaron Michael
Software:

Aaron Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

Lol the second one made me laugh. I actually like them but # 1 & 2 are your best bets to keep working on. How horrifying do they want them to look?

Closed Thread