Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1266 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Good series?

Thread title: Good series?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old  Good series?

I'm looking to expand my current range of series, currently I watch:
  • Smallville
  • Charmed
  • The OC
Do you lot know any other good series worth watching? Preferably sci-fi/action, or real good sitcoms (Friends!)

11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
bailo is offline bailo
Expertise:
Software:

bailo is on a distinguished road

Old

I recommend Lost definitely and also The Sopranos, not in the categories you mentioned but it is very funny and an awesome awesome show

11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

What about "The 4400"?

11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

Well firstly I'd reccommend *contracting* your list a little - get rid of Charmed and The OC.
Then for your sci-fi needs you'll need a healthy dose of Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis, both are good). Oh and you should definitely buy the Firefly DVD's. The only 'really good sitcom' I can think of off the top of my head is Arrested Development.

11-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by bailo
I recommend Lost definitely and also The Sopranos, not in the categories you mentioned but it is very funny and an awesome awesome show
I've seen a few random Lost episodes and had no clue what it was about - I guess I'll have to see it from the beginning.

Originally Posted by AlexK
What about "The 4400"?
Ahh I will check that one out for sure, thank you!

Originally Posted by jono1
Well firstly I'd reccommend *contracting* your list a little - get rid of Charmed and The OC.
Then for your sci-fi needs you'll need a healthy dose of Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis, both are good). Oh and you should definitely buy the Firefly DVD's. The only 'really good sitcom' I can think of off the top of my head is Arrested Development.
I know Charmed and the OC aren't as good as they used to be, I still follow those shows because I still feel for the characters basically Unfortunally I don't like Stargate the series, I did like the movie though - I've tried following the series but didn't really like it.
FireFly.. I've heard it's very good, didn't the movie "Serenity" come out recently which is in fact FireFly the movie?

11-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Jhin is offline Jhin
Expertise:
Software:

Jhin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Jhin Send a message via AIM to Jhin Send a message via MSN to Jhin Send a message via Yahoo to Jhin

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
I agree! SG-1 and Atlantis are great and Firefly is definitely top of my list...right next to Farscape.

The Firefly movie (Serenity) rocked too...I wish someone would pick up the series again. Maybe the movie will get some interest going...? (wishful thinking I know...) Joss Whedon's writing has always been great, he doesn't treat you like a child and lead you by the nose, lets you come to conclusions. Good humor, great adventure.

11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jhin
I agree! SG-1 and Atlantis are great and Firefly is definitely top of my list...right next to Farscape.

The Firefly movie (Serenity) rocked too...I wish someone would pick up the series again. Maybe the movie will get some interest going...? (wishful thinking I know...) Joss Whedon's writing has always been great, he doesn't treat you like a child and lead you by the nose, lets you come to conclusions. Good humor, great adventure.
I will check out Farscape, it looks interesting Also Serenity whenever it hits the cinemas.

11-04-2005, 02:50 PM
colonialAngel is offline colonialAngel
Expertise:
Software:

colonialAngel is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to colonialAngel Send a message via AIM to colonialAngel Send a message via MSN to colonialAngel Send a message via Yahoo to colonialAngel

Old

Originally Posted by Aros
I'm looking to expand my current range of series, currently I watch:
  • Smallville
  • Charmed
  • The OC
Do you lot know any other good series worth watching? Preferably sci-fi/action, or real good sitcoms (Friends!)

I personally like smallville and charmed too
other series that also enjoy watching are Friends, CSI, Alias and 24

11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
iisbum is offline iisbum
Expertise:
Software:

iisbum is on a distinguished road

Old

Battlestar Galatica is definately worth watching, as are a couple of new shows: Surface and Supernatural.

11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Woof is offline Woof
Software:

Woof is on a distinguished road

Old

Battlestar Galactica for sure. SG1 and Atlantis. Surface is amazing. Lost is good and would be better if they could run 5 new episodes in a row w/o all the dang repeats. I like the Amazing Race too.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >