Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 718 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Immersion and Catalyst join the team.

Thread title: Immersion and Catalyst join the team.
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by JimH10 View Post
One should talk though... The mirror is there, take a look my brother. This is the case of the chunk of coal winning the race of who's blacker, while the competitors are the kettle and pot. It's a clear win for the coal chunk... congrats. Here's the trophy. I was wrong by my calculations earlier, they should remove 4 current staff and replace them with just Jordan. :P
So Spencer, Jim, or whatever you want me to call the person who talks like Spencer, acts like Spencer (when sober) and has a knowledge that far predates his membership: how much do you know of running a successful forum?

07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Nah, lets not. Why shut the door; I hope it's not because a couple of folks choose to give their own less-than-shiny two cents?

@Gatt, it's only been a week and I'm sure you new staffers are still making best use of those rose-tinted glasses that Artashes handed out.
I respectfully disagree, I think this thread is going severely off topic. It's not so much about negative comments, some of it seems like attacking. If any further things are to be discussed they should be done elsewhere this is a thread supposed to be WELCOMING the new moderators. Even though I maintain a neutral opinion on their selection I think it so far there has been enough of a reaction to discourage these guys who are going to be putting in extra effort into the community for no payment at all. -_-

07-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Russ is offline Russ
Expertise: Web Consulting
Software:

Russ is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Russ Send a message via MSN to Russ

Old

The site was bought privately and I feel he has a choice to pick his moderators. Yes this is a public forum however nothing is permanent. I'm sure they were put on staff knowing they can be taken off staff at any moment. I welcome the new moderators and wish you guys the best of luck.

07-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

Thank you for the kind words Russ .

07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
The public record of Catalyst's names go from Redemption (maybe through others) to Oxidize to Inferno (in Feb '10, it lasted for half a day) then to Catalyst. I certainly remember Redemption.

I was also vX, Velixio, and Vexica as well.

07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I didn't know that! (Your banner designs were one of the things that brought me into freelancing! )

07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
I didn't know that! (Your banner designs were one of the things that brought me into freelancing! )

Wow, that's inspiring to hear, Gaz. I would have never known. Well, I'm glad I was able to make an impact enough to steer you into freelancing. Funny how things work out. :P

07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Ahh, now i know who you are.

07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey everyone, I am in Moscow for the time being, and the record heat (already broke the 29-year record) is so bad that the Internet often goes down in the afternoons due to wires heating up, stretching, and consequently, the signal gets lost. It is an insane time here. It is so hot that squirrels stay inside.

Anyway, the Internet's back on and I got to take advantage of the night time when its not as hot to work.

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
What was the problem with it? It actually worked out quite well if you ask me. Village was a perfect choice and he did his part well until he decided he no longer wanted it.

Spencer was even decent (from what I could see as a basic member) even if he was extremely hot headed and had an issue with getting on the forums when he was piss drunk.

The only person that ever caused a major issue here was Vizon and he had never actually been "voted" in by a poll.

So yes, the voting method actually worked out well.

Dear Jordan, I understand the passion for a public voting system, but it is not something that I'd like to take on in practice yet, at least not for the near future. The goal now is to work with a few people and eventually end up with a very strong team of heavy-hitters and go-getters. Yes, Salathe and VG were great as leaders, but they were the first people I spoke with privately when I came in and it was clear they needed more time for themselves to work on other things in life. I respected their choices, even though I really wanted them on board. I am confident, though, that we are moving in the right direction to building a new awesome team.

Originally Posted by JimH10 View Post
One should talk though... The mirror is there, take a look my brother. This is the case of the chunk of coal winning the race of who's blacker, while the competitors are the kettle and pot. It's a clear win for the coal chunk... congrats. Here's the trophy. I was wrong by my calculations earlier, they should remove 4 current staff and replace them with just Jordan. :P

Why have you been so negative and argumentative to decisions made by staff? What is your secret?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
So just relax man, we got this shit.

I am keen on making this my motto for the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
I respectfully disagree, I think this thread is going severely off topic. It's not so much about negative comments, some of it seems like attacking. If any further things are to be discussed they should be done elsewhere this is a thread supposed to be WELCOMING the new moderators. Even though I maintain a neutral opinion on their selection I think it so far there has been enough of a reaction to discourage these guys who are going to be putting in extra effort into the community for no payment at all. -_-

Noooo, don't take away the pain! Some people are into it! Kinky, I know. But it works.

Originally Posted by Russ View Post
The site was bought privately and I feel he has a choice to pick his moderators. Yes this is a public forum however nothing is permanent. I'm sure they were put on staff knowing they can be taken off staff at any moment. I welcome the new moderators and wish you guys the best of luck.

You are my hero.

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Ahh, now i know who you are.

@Fez: See, we wouldn't be getting these reactions if we closed this thread.

Cheers, everyone.

Thanked by:
Enrique (07-24-2010)
07-23-2010, 04:33 AM
JimH10 is offline JimH10
Software:

JimH10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

The post I made, wasn't intended as an "attack". Although; I could see where people thought it was negative. But it was just sarcasm. And it certainly wasn't aimed at anyone specific. It was sarcasm in general, and to have a laugh over. I want to see this place grow and be a good community. You don't have to be a long time member or an ex-member to give your opinions and thoughts, right?

I'm amused on how everyone got upset over my post, taking it offensively, and started taking jabs at me (hypocritical much?) while not knowing what the post was intended for to begin with. You don't have to be a long time member or an ex-member to know what's going on on a forum.

Anybody with eyeballs, a brain, and the ability to READ and understand things can tell what's been going on here the past however many months or years, not to mention the present. Just browse, read, sink it in. Most members just lurk for months before joining a forum community such as this. And my sarcastic remark regarding Jordan becoming moderator, was just that, sarcastic. (Although it holds some truth at the same time.)

I've seen threads in here where she does have the ambition and drive to handle matters quickly, and doesn't intend to piss around with it. In my view, THAT is who should be moderator. And if Dan and Gatt ran boards of their own before, that's great! That's awesome! I really hope things will become better here. I didn't run any boards myself, I just never had the time. But I would love to see this place grow and become a good community though.

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >