Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1454 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Photoshop ? Fireworks ? and design tips

Thread title: Photoshop ? Fireworks ? and design tips
Closed Thread    
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old  Photoshop ? Fireworks ? and design tips

Hi guys.

What do most of you for designing and designing templates? I used to always use Photoshop until I started college and all they have on their machines is Macromedia products. So its Fireworks I use. I tend to use it more as well now; there are a few things I think I prefer about Fireworks compared to Photoshop.

In Fireworks you can set the size of everything by typing in the height and width, this is the only real reason I use Fireworks more than Photoshop now, if Photoshop had it i would use it all the time (Maybe it does and is just a hidden feature I don't know about).

Also has anyone got some good tips on how to become a good designer? I would say I’m better at coding than designing, but I would like to develop my design skill to be able to create things which look more professional.

Mostly I struggle for ideas when creating a website; I guess that might be a lack of creativity, not sure. I guess I just need to know the package inside out and learn to use all the tools etc...

02-23-2007, 04:44 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

I love Fireworks - don't get me wrong Photoshop is awesome too but I find Fireworks has a much better workflow - I can get things done much faster. I also love the Fireworks approach where everything is vector based - as Wonderboy mentioned, everything you create is treated like a vector object so you can manually edit its properties just by typing in the values you require - it's more flexible and precise than Photoshop is.

02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Software:

Old

Yea, thats one of the only think i prefer about Fireworks over Photoshop. The ability to rezise you shapes without having to create them again and try get the correct to 1px by using the ruler at the top. Simply type in the width and height and you done.

02-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Josh.UK is offline Josh.UK
Expertise:
Software:

Josh.UK is on a distinguished road

Old

Both are great programs, i think it depends entirely on which you use first and get used to first. Personally i use Photoshop and im so used to the GUI that i just find Fireworks confusing. I know people who used fireworks and find photoshop the same as i find fireworks.

02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Software:

Old

I found Fireworks really confusing at first. I used to hate it and think photoshop was loads better. But now i'm used to it i like it. Photoshop does have more and better effects though.

02-23-2007, 03:42 PM
jabberwocky is offline jabberwocky
Expertise:
Software:

jabberwocky is on a distinguished road

Old

i prefer photoshop, but im also jumping back and forth from design to more traditonal art or digital art. i havent used fireworks for a number years though.

Closed Thread