Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1121 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Advice for a newbie web designer.

Thread title: Advice for a newbie web designer.
02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
HashenD is offline HashenD
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop, Dreamweaver

HashenD is on a distinguished road

Old  Advice for a newbie web designer.

Hi all !

So I planned on start my own at home web design business so that I can earn some cash. I'm a web design and Programming enthusiast, but how ever I'm a total newbie when it comes to doing business. So my question is, how should I host when doing a Web Design business ?

I have no Idea how to arrange the hosting. For example should I use a unlimited hosting package and host all the sites of my clients in that hosting account ? Or should I buy different hosting packages for each of my new clients ? And how do I bill the client? Do I bill him for the whole project or specific features I've added ? I'm totally confused and hope some of you experienced folks help me out

Thanks and Best Regards !
Hashen

02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Clevertail is offline Clevertail
Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sublim

Clevertail is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi HashenD,

In my opinion, it's a tricky decision to make as hosing with an unlimited package has a risk of being damaging to your websites SEO (if you have one or will have one)

Personally, there are some great deals out there for unlimited hosting packages. And I feel that the cost, ease of use, and service for hosting and maintaining client sites far outweigh the slim chance of negatives affecting your personal / business site.

With an unlimited package, you can easily transfer a clients domain name (if they have one) for a small fee and begin hosting it. Additionally, you can add more domains and web roots right onto your unlimited hosting account for new clients. It makes those "new web deign clients" faster and easier to manage in my experience.

When it comes to billing, your cheapest options are Paypal, Google checkout, and an ecomerce plugin trough a Wordpress theme. Something like Woocomerce may all be viable options for you.

I hope this has response helped you in some way.

Joe.