Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1379 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Am I Charging Too Little

Thread title: Am I Charging Too Little
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
outingly is offline outingly
Expertise: Investment
Software:

outingly is on a distinguished road

Old

The fact that he quadrupled the pay without being asked to is astonishing. I would take that as proof that with your current clients, you can charge more. As others have mentioned, first and foremost is that you receive the salary that YOU want.

Secondly, but also important is the type of client. Think of it like retail and wholesale. You might not be able to charge (or find clients) in the web development world willing to pay thousands for work they're outsourcing *hint, wholesale*. But if your clients are end-users - you can charge them retail prices baby.

What to take from my two cents? Firstly, its YOUR salary, and the beauty of freelancing is that you can dictate it, to an extent. Secondly - play close attention to who you're dealing with. Is it a multi-million dollar firm, or is it....

Hope that helps!