Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1266 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Gears of War to Become a Trilogy!

Thread title: Gears of War to Become a Trilogy!
Closed Thread    
11-23-2006, 08:20 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Gears of War to Become a Trilogy!

Man, am I excited!

It might not be the biggest surprise, but it seems like we get more Gears of War games in the future. According to Jeff Bell, Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business, the series will grow out to become a trilogy.

With the Halo series coming to an end next year, Microsoft needs another system-seller for the Xbox 360. Which game will do the job better then Gears of War? None, and that is exactly why we will see at least two other games in the Gears universe.

Speaking to GameDaily, Jeff Bell told the following while discussing the Gears of War promotional trailer: “The goal of this ad is to establish Marcus Fenix as the hero of the Gears of War trilogy.”

It doesn’t come as a big surprise. One of this year’s hottest action titles, Gears of War shoots straight to the top of the UK All Formats retail chart, only two days after its release.The game has sold 99,614 copies, confirms Chart Track since its European launch on Friday 17th November, setting a new mark for the fastest-selling original game for Xbox 360.

“We’ve seen tremendous excitement and demand for Gears of War in Europe”, said Stephen McGill, Head of Marketing – Xbox and Games For Windows. “This title offers new and exciting content and is a key example of Microsoft’s commitment to developing original and immersive titles for gamers everywhere.”

Gears of War, developed by Epic Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios, is an intense, genre-defining third-person tactical action/horror game, which thrusts players into humankind’s epic battle for survival against a nightmarish race of creatures known as the Locust Horde. With its combination of cinematic, intuitive gameplay, dramatic storytelling and intense action, and with single-player and multiplayer online play via Xbox Live, ‘Gears of War’, provides one of the best next-generation interactive entertainment experiences.

http://www.deltagamer.com/index.php/...ome-a-trilogy/

11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll wait for the official announcement

I hope the movement stays the same in GoW2, I like how it flows in GoW

11-23-2006, 09:48 PM
DogFaceBoy is offline DogFaceBoy
Expertise:
Software:

DogFaceBoy is on a distinguished road

Old

I haven't played Gears of War. I think I will buy it tonight since everyone is pissing their pants over it.

11-23-2006, 09:53 PM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

They announced this previously I think..

Closed Thread