Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 762 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Pixel2Life - Version 5 Released

Thread title: Pixel2Life - Version 5 Released
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

You know how to make yourself look like a complete utter idiot don't you Peter.

It's not a bad re-design, certainly an improvement. One pointer though, I'd definitely look at adding a bit more contrast to the content section, it's quite hard to distinguish between the different sections with it all using the same gradients / colours / styling.

Good luck with the site, I'm sure it's doing and will continue to do well.

10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Just because you do something for a living or you are a professional at something (I think you are more of the earlier rather than latter at the moment!) it does not mean that you have some God-given right to go around shouting about yourself and generally thinking you own the forum. Not only is your English poor, unrelated to the topic and very illogical, it is getting very tiresome. You were banned before from here, am I correct? I wonder why.

Ps. I was considering hiring you a while back but because of this thread you have now lost a client because you have shown you are far too self confident in your abilities and lack the fundamental ability to be social.
My english is very poor. I don't boast about my english skillz.

I work a 9 to 5:30 job, so unless your offering £40.00+ a hour then you've got no chance hiring me. (i get freelance work once a month)

What im trying to say is all designs should be beautiful and they should also be usable. Pixel2Life.com isn't beautiful (in my eyes) or usable in the eyes of a disabled person or a non-savvy web user.

I feel really strong about usability the same as many large organisations do.

If your not happy with my 'constructive criticism' then don't read it, ignore it.

getrefreshed no offense taken dude

10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
My english is very poor. I don't boast about my english skillz.

I work a 9 to 5:30 job, so unless your offering £40.00+ a hour then you've got no chance hiring me. (i get freelance work once a month)

What im trying to say is all designs should be beautiful and they should also be usable. Pixel2Life.com isn't beautiful (in my eyes) or usable in the eyes of a disabled person or a non-savvy web user.

If your not happy with my 'constructive criticism' then don't read it, ignore it.

getrefreshed no offense taken dude
I can understand your point of view, but its kinda pointless to swear and be a overly opinionated. There are countless graphic designers here and speaking as one, theres really no need to bring money or your personal business into the equation. The design isn't great, alright. Simply say that, give the reasoning behind your statement and move on. You said that you don't like the design and that as a designer, you were disappointed. Plain and simple, leave it at that. You are only hurting your self and your professional image by sitting here and cursing/going back and fourth over peoples opinion.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but this isn't a flame thread. Adam simply posted this to show people that P2L got revamped a bit and to maybe get some feedback, not start a 'who's who' and 'who gets paid to design better' thread.

10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
I can understand your point of view, but its kinda pointless to swear and be a overly opinionated. There are countless graphic designers here and speaking as one, theres really no need to bring money or your personal business into the equation. The design isn't great, alright. Simply say that, give the reasoning behind your statement and move on. You said that you don't like the design and that as a designer, you were disappointed. Plain and simple, leave it at that. You are only hurting your self and your professional image by sitting here and cursing/going back and fourth over peoples opinion.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but this isn't a flame thread. Adam simply posted this to show people that P2L got revamped a bit and to maybe get some feedback, not start a 'who's who' and 'who gets paid to design better' thread.

totally agree with you.. I do get carried away especially when i feel i have to defend my self, and swearing is in my nature when writing or speaking.

10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Craddock is offline Craddock
Software:

Craddock is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Craddock

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
Pixel2Life.com isn't beautiful (in my eyes) or usable in the eyes of a disabled person or a non-savvy web user.

I'm guessing that very few non-savvy web users or disabled people visit a tutorials website.

10-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
I'm guessing that very few non-savvy web users or disabled people visit a tutorials website.
yeah pretty much, why would a l33t expert want to read tutorials if he's already web-savvy.

you've also raised a good point, if it's a tutorial website then shouldn't there design be that 1 step better then there tutorials. ironic how they've got a **** design but they teach you to design

10-03-2009, 01:21 PM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Not really. They don't do the teaching mainly, external sites do, they're basically just a search engine I guess.

10-03-2009, 07:38 PM
zelphics is offline zelphics
Software:

zelphics is on a distinguished road

Old

I guess not too many people are keen on the new design. I guess i'm the oddball here. I think the new site looks awesome!!!

10-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by lachyg View Post
Not really. They don't do the teaching mainly, external sites do, they're basically just a search engine I guess.
still abit ironic though, it's like the chief designer of BMW having a crap skoda =P

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3