Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1562 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

20mix Official Thread.

Thread title: 20mix Official Thread.
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
12-04-2008, 03:17 AM
bradford is offline bradford
Software:

bradford is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to bradford Send a message via MSN to bradford

Old

Commented. Nice review.

12-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Dave.C is offline Dave.C
Software:

Dave.C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dave.C Send a message via MSN to Dave.C

Old

Site looks nice. I think a bit more of the first post should be above the fold though. The image you have with the twitter feeds looks cool but it takes up quite a bit of space there, maybe reposition the image/feed?

12-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

Alright, thanks for the comments.

12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Sahil is offline Sahil
Expertise:
Software:

Sahil is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Sahil Send a message via MSN to Sahil

Old

Ok now that I have read some of the new posts, I have to say I'm very disappointed. The quality of the writing is severely lacking and one or two of the posts don't even address the post title.

The design of the site also looks like a WIP, and makes the site seem like it was put together poorly instead of professionally.

Sorry for the harsh feedback, I'm just trying to be 100% honest.

12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Old

In all posts? What posts are lacking. I do not see how the design is a WIP at all, the only aspect that it is missing is a background pattern that my coder missed when he was coding. Are there parts of the design you do not like, but to say it looks like a WIP is in my opinion false. I mean i did ask for comments but I will also say how I feel.

12-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Sahil is offline Sahil
Expertise:
Software:

Sahil is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Sahil Send a message via MSN to Sahil

Old

The grammar is just horrible, here's an example: "Also a reportedly gain that pownce was going under, and would help for faster completion of Kwyno....More about the news" <- the sentence ends abruptly with not even a period.

I can't even decipher what that's supposed to say.

A lot of the design seems like it's not 100% there yet. Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/b5ee799...233117420d.png

The spacing is not effective. And the random white include doesn't match at all with the design of the site.

Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/b5ee799...233117420d.png
Nothing is properly aligned, and the twitter message is completely in the wrong place (I think).

Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/96ea925...d8d56f9d6c.png
Completely unstyled form and the captcha entry box is the same width as the username/email fields so I didn't even realise what it's purpose was for way too long.

Again, just trying to help.

12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I know Conrad probably don't want to hear this, especially from me. But, I seen the original design (Aftermath did), please please get that fully integrated!

All the grammar in posts can be fixed quickly and whenever, but get that design fully implemented first! The original design was beautiful and should be there 100% (if possible). That's my only real suggestion.

P.S. Not saying it's not nice now of course, just saying after, or if the full design was implemented, it would be REALLY be nice. *cough* the comments section, *cough nav bar links w/hover effects. *cough* .. Dang I should quit smoking...

12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by slavingia View Post
The grammar is just horrible, here's an example: "Also a reportedly gain that pownce was going under, and would help for faster completion of Kwyno....More about the news" <- the sentence ends abruptly with not even a period.

I can't even decipher what that's supposed to say.

A lot of the design seems like it's not 100% there yet. Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/b5ee799...233117420d.png

The spacing is not effective. And the random white include doesn't match at all with the design of the site.

Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/b5ee799...233117420d.png
Nothing is properly aligned, and the twitter message is completely in the wrong place (I think).

Here: http://www.slavingia.com/etc/96ea925...d8d56f9d6c.png
Completely unstyled form and the captcha entry box is the same width as the username/email fields so I didn't even realise what it's purpose was for way too long.

Again, just trying to help.
kwyno post. my fault there, it was written before school in a rush. completely my fault.

The first grabup; The techcrunch widget, honestly don't even know why I included. To say the least though the paragraph directly under it states that the widget reads the /css and our font is white.

second grabup; Is the first as the same ( i think you might have tired to paste to fast), from what I see, the alignment is all the same from that screenshot. It might depend on your browser, as I am using firefox ( mac ) I have asked for screenshots of IE or Firefox (windows).

third grabup; That is a plugin, I am having a custom contact form made to better suit me needs.

again, these are just my thoughts. I agree with most things people say and although I post my ideas I am working to change things to better help the community ( you guys ) based on the comments.

You and I are just the same, do not put yourself lower, and your comments are the same as everyone else. Now to add to what you said I have talked to coder and he did forget the background pattern, and some small things that will be added tonight.

But to be completely honest, over the past couple days I have fell away from the design and I feel the dark colors do not fit the site.

So there might be more changes even to come.

Again, Thanks for all the comments.

12-05-2008, 03:50 AM
bradford is offline bradford
Software:

bradford is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to bradford Send a message via MSN to bradford

Old

When will we be able to submit sites?

12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Old

We have changed designs, the other one was fixed ( have preview ) and is now for sale if your interested.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >