Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1517 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

This* - A Change to our Pricing

Thread title: This* - A Change to our Pricing
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

JulesR is on a distinguished road

Old

How can anyone else but myself (who designed and thus maintains the thiswebhost infrastructure) tell if we're overselling or not? They can't. So, posting on webhostingtalk or any other forum on the Internet and asking if we're overselling is a complete waste of time. But, if you're that bothered by it I strongly advise you to create the thread on WHT for your own personal satisfaction. Let me know the outcome.

The bottom line is, only I, Digit and anyone else associated with this* know what we have and what we can offer, so your opinion simply isn't valid here. And that's all it is after all. Basically this is just you saying "OMG you offer so much bandwidth you must be overselling!". Fact is, we're not. Perhaps you should do the math behind what a 100mbit port can transfer and you'd see that for yourself? I'm really not sure what your beef with our company is, but it sure seems like some rivalry or jealousy thing from where I'm sitting.

Why do dedicated servers come with 1.5TB bandwidth? Since you claim to be so educated and proficient in the hosting industry, I invite you to answer your own question.

04-07-2009, 05:43 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

If you're going to keep editing your posts after I make a response, I'm not going to continue this discussion. It's a waste of my time having to go back and keep checking what you've changed.

Please, let the matter go. If you can't, please feel free to mail us directly about it. For now, can we keep things on topic?

04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

Very unprofessional from both parties, I'm sorry to have to say that. Amaze you should have PM'd and Jules you should have done the same or just ignored the comment. From an outsiders point of view, the pair of you look like bickering 12 year olds, it does no good to your companies image what so ever!

I actually use nixism as my host and can say that I am perfectly happy with there services, I also usually stay clear oh hosts with such low prices, but then again that is me being paranoid.

Wish you the best of luck with this* and can't wait to see what the new design looks like.

04-07-2009, 06:45 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by csh View Post
Very unprofessional from both parties, I'm sorry to have to say that. Amaze you should have PM'd and Jules you should have done the same or just ignored the comment. From an outsiders point of view, the pair of you look like bickering 12 year olds, it does no good to your companies image what so ever!
Usually I would do, but when someone makes false public claims of overselling practices that we don't engage in, we have to set the record straight.

Thanks for the kind words

04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by csh View Post

I actually use nixism as my host and can say that I am perfectly happy with there services, I also usually stay clear oh hosts with such low prices, but then again that is me being paranoid.

Wish you the best of luck with this* and can't wait to see what the new design looks like.
Definitely not. I am an example case that what Jules did is the correct course of action. I'll explain: I was considering moving to This* (you can see my twit's to them if you want), and lowering their prices completely swung me. However, I was concerned when I read aMaze's comments, and was holding off until I knew what was happening. If Jules or Digit had simply ignored his comments I would have eventually perceived the accusations to be true, which is wrong. If he had sent a PM instead, I would still not have known the truth.

When a company is under attack by a competitor or an observer, they are expected to stand up for themselves. By not doing so would be considered to be a sign of weakness.

I am completely happy with This*, and would politely ask aMaze and anyone else wanting to trash this thread and to undermine This* company to close their browser and learn to grow up.

Ps. Go Jules!

04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

I take back what I said after reading your post Gareth, they took the appropriate action, but it carried on too long. If that makes any sense. I just hope a mod will clear this thread up, it us unfair on this*!

04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I never tried to bash or insult this*, all I stated was that they were overselling. You were the one that tried to make this seem like a competition, trust me I seriously do not need to compete with you guys or see it that way at all.

You don't think your overselling, then fine.. so be it. But, I am talking from what other people see.

If you look at HostGator, the biggest web hosting provider.
Their plans: http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

Is that overselling? To me, yes. To you, no. You would argue, that since they are the biggest provider, they have the most money to invest into the best servers and the best infrastructure.
Read the above quote... Does HostGator oversell?

04-07-2009, 09:58 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

@ .amaZe, who freaking cares if they're overselling or not? If they are, then that's their problem, not yours. Just drop it already. Geez. I've been looking at some hosting options, and I was considering Nixism. That's changed however.

04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

.amaZe: The fundamental issue here is that you are _stating_ we're overselling, when we're clearly not. The math can even prove this. The manner in which you've made these statements is attacking in nature and seems to serve no other purpose than attempt to disrupt our business or even perhaps advertise your own.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, and if you think that we're overselling that's fine. However, please don't keep _stating_ that we are, because your opinion and reality are very, very different things entirely.

04-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Choco is offline Choco
Expertise:
Software:

Choco is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Choco

Old

I wish I could contribute to the above discussion, but...wait, no, I don't wish I could contribute to the above discussion, because it's completely pointless.

Just wanted to say that the prices look great. I was about to move over to this* a while back but I went for a VPS with another (bigger) company instead; your new prices look fantastic though. Great job. It's nice to see one company prospering when I just got the news that the hosting company I used to use is closing its servers in two weeks!

Just thought I'd mention that I had the asterisk. It annoys me. It's like the asterisk of the show "Lie To Me." Sorry, had to say it :P

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >