Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 835 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Our first win in bringing the good ol' TF back: large group of shills intercepted.

Thread title: Our first win in bringing the good ol' TF back: large group of shills intercepted.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by csh View Post
Have you guys considered raising the amount of posts needed to make threads in the marketplace? I know it may lead to people trying to SPAM etc. But seem as you are enforcing/moderating the forum more effectively now. It may weed out even more useless sales threads. However could equally mean more useless threads elsewhere..
The post limit was a terrible system, people would make ten (the former limit) posts and be in almost immediately. We were constantly left with lots of crap posts per week which significantly reduced the overall quality of the forum. We decided on the four day limit since there is nothing that can get you around it. It has worked better, but not perfect.

03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
The overhaul of the marketplace and advertising posting is on out to-do-list, but frankly, most likely not for this week with our basket of issues already full.

In general, I am a fan of the idea that advertising privileges have to be earned. By doing so, we stimulate quality discussions and let those member who actually earned the right to advertise better exposure.
Great to hear, I look forwards to hearing more about it. Seems you guys have a never ending to-do list going on behind the scenes. Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
The post limit was a terrible system, people would make ten (the former limit) posts and be in almost immediately. We were constantly left with lots of crap posts per week which significantly reduced the overall quality of the forum. We decided on the four day limit since there is nothing that can get you around it. It has worked better, but not perfect.
Valid point, I guess in the end it really just boils down to experimentation. I'm sure you'll find a fitting solution.

03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Having a larger and more lengthy mix of both carry its own benefits: (a) it will allow for moderating team to ensure that posts made before a member is able to conduct business activity match the expected standard (non-fluff posting), and (b) it will also allow other members to get some comfort from seeing what that particular member's activity been like.

I personally always look through someone's posting activity and I feel more comfortable doing business with someone who is: coherent, helpful and insightful, versus someone who is clearly there just to advertise.

03-29-2010, 03:48 AM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

This definitely brings some hope to a possible future for TFL.

04-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Write4u is offline Write4u
Software:

Write4u is on a distinguished road

Old

I just wanted to note that I am new to the forum and I think this is a great way to prevent junk, or spam. Most who want to spam will not wait four days to do it.

04-01-2010, 08:41 PM
siteholder is offline siteholder
Software:

siteholder is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Holy cow! I can't even imagine sticking around for years just trying to spam people. Do you have those companies listed somewhere (the ones that are now censored)? I, for one, would rather not deal with a company that promotes spam as a way of promoting themselves. If they were providing the services they say they do, then they wouldn't need to spam.

04-04-2010, 07:08 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Good work Artashes! What a sleazy way to advertise.

04-04-2010, 08:20 AM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Expertise: Web Development
Software:

46Bit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to 46Bit Send a message via Skype™ to 46Bit

Old

Originally Posted by siteholder View Post
Holy cow! I can't even imagine sticking around for years just trying to spam people. Do you have those companies listed somewhere (the ones that are now censored)? I, for one, would rather not deal with a company that promotes spam as a way of promoting themselves. If they were providing the services they say they do, then they wouldn't need to spam.
Posting a list would probably be a bad idea - if any are proper supposedly reputable companies you'd potentially leave yourself open to libel.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2