Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1106 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Introduction and thoughts.

Thread title: Introduction and thoughts.
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
03-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Hey Artashes! Nice that it's all official now! I'm sure you'll make this place a lot better with your ideas & experience. Will reply to your email tomorrow

03-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Looking forward to what's to come and the spam banhammer coming down hard.

03-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, thank you very much everyone else who I didn't thank yet. Your support is a huge deal and is instrumental in bringing this baby back.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I have already had very nice discussions with all the staff members, including those who recently left. Everyone has been very warm and extremely helpful providing me with necessary information.

The work on the background has already started. As I will get my head straight with all this information I received and continue to receive, we will be slightly reorganizing the organizational structure that will help make operations more efficiently.

We are also working on weeding out a group of shills who are currently targeting our forum and bringing the integrity, authenticity and quality of certain forums within TF down. This has been done before with HostingDiscussion. We know who they are, its just a matter of time until we have clear proof on hands to eliminate them.

Hopefully by the end of this week, or early next week, we will have to move servers. TalkFreelance will vacate the current server that Big Zee and William need for their new upcoming product, and TF will be hosted by my partner company www.handsonwebhosting.com that is also responsible for HostingDiscussion.com. They have been doing a phenomenal job with HD, so I have no doubt we'll be treated to blazing fast performance here as well. Apart from the traditional dedicated machine they provide tuned specifically for our forums, we also get real-time backup service (I think the data is backed up ever 30 minutes) which is stored on a remote service as well. So should any type of error or corruption takes place, it is a matter of 1 click to go back in time - at any point within the last X number of days.

In the immediate future I also see a major overhaul of TalkFreelance by bringing an amazing fresh GUI out - one that this forum deserves. This will also fix most of the layout and functional problems we might be experiencing at the moment. It is not excluded that at some point we will have to switch to default vBulletin skin temporarily while finalization and new layout is introduced.

I think that's all for now.

03-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Immersion is offline Immersion
Software:

Immersion is on a distinguished road

Old

Welcome to talkfreelance. Hopefully the community now has a chance to pick up again.

Word of warning, let the community see the new forum skin before hand. The current talkfreelance skin when created was a huge flop. A lot of people just reverted back to the old blue and green skin (i still personally like it), but have now had to go back to vb default.

03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
Welcome to talkfreelance. Hopefully the community now has a chance to pick up again.

Word of warning, let the community see the new forum skin before hand. The current talkfreelance skin when created was a huge flop. A lot of people just reverted back to the old blue and green skin (i still personally like it), but have now had to go back to vb default.
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think Artashes will keep the community very much involved in the new skin, if and when its created. I'm not sure whether he knows about the previous 2 skins that caused a major backlash within the community - but rest assured myself and the other staff members will make sure he is up to speed with regards to this.

03-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
Word of warning, let the community see the new forum skin before hand. The current talkfreelance skin when created was a huge flop.
Don't worry, having people like getrefreshed watching over your shoulder really straitens you up.

Originally Posted by getrefreshed View Post
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think Artashes will keep the community very much involved in the new skin, if and when its created.
That's exactly the strategy I'm after, so that I do not get blamed at the end.

I've seen earlier skins, too. I liked the very first one (green, blue, white) and I like it, but it is time to get something awesome in.

03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Good to see someone is getting thing up together. Hard work awaits here.

Personaly i`m realy into current green/orange/brown skin, hope you won`t destroy it .

03-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Trim View Post
Personaly i`m realy into current green/orange/brown skin, hope you won`t destroy it .
Oh but yes we will.

PS: I like the drawing of a monkey on your site.

03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Will there be any synergy between this place and hostingdiscussion or do you plan to keep them seperate?

03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Oh but yes we will.

PS: I like the drawing of a monkey on your site.
Than i just hope it`s not gonna be dark and cold .

Btw, do you have any technical plans about TF like new systems, site etc. ?

P.S. Thx for monkey ^^.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >