Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1052 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Web 2.0 design – snozzy.com.

Thread title: Web 2.0 design – snozzy.com.
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

jon i think the latest version is even better, the white background for the text is alot better. I'd deffinately use that one out of all of them if i were you

02-20-2006, 02:37 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Not really feeling your version netspeak, from what i'd read web 2.0 involves pastel colours which jon's incorporates whereas the blue and orange aren't.

As for jon's latest version, it's nice but the only thing i'd change is the copyright bar colour, doesn't flow with the rest of the colours.

02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
echoSwe is offline echoSwe
Software:

echoSwe is on a distinguished road

Old

1) Why is it so called "web 2.0"?
2) The design is OK (really). However, I don't like the information bar under the header - too much visual studio 2003 for me.
3) Is there a need for a video hosting do you think?

02-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Software:

Old

...and so I read the tutorial about Web 2.0... My eyes are still bleeding... Oh MY GOD IT HURTS!!

Honestly...

02-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Software:

Old

02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by jon
I was simply following the design principals outlined in this article. The website itself is going to fall into the web 2.0 category, hence, this being a web 2.0 design.
To sum it all up, there is no web 2.0. There has never been either. Rounded corners, javascript animations, asynchronos javascripting and xml, pastel colours, large type faces etc are all just current design clichés. I'm not saying I don't like them, but just as fasion shifts in the world of clothing, so does fasion on the web. To me it's more about knowing your own style and knowing how to create accessible, standards compliant, easy to use and nice looking web sites. Whether or not they have another third layer of xmlHttpRequest making up for the navigation logic, is irrelevant - what matters is bringing your content to your audience as smoothly and pleasantly as possible.

Now, I'm not trying to bash the design, because it's nice, really. :P, I'm just saying that the hype about web 2.0 has obviously gotten here, too (after some months obviously), and there is really no reason to try to mimic all of that - the examples the "Naked IT" blog gives, are imho quite ugly. I mean - who wants a site that looks like https://gtalkr.com/ with a name you can barely pronounce and a layout created using flash and javascript that turns out like my attached image when you disable javascript??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gtalkr.jpg (86.8 KB, 29 views)

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6