Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1755 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Being viewed on the internet

Thread title: Being viewed on the internet
Closed Thread    
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
jaime is offline jaime
Software:

jaime is on a distinguished road

Old  Being viewed on the internet

This might be a stupid question but i am going to ask it anyway. So once you are finished with coding in lets say html and you want to view your site on the web, i understand that you can view your work through your browser but how exactly do you go live onto the net for everyone to view your site? Do you need to register a domain name or what exaclty? Is it possible to create something basic and still be viewed by others on the net. I also want to begin designing to create a portfolio. How do people view my portfolio, through the net i suppose, but I am not sure. So the big question is do i need to create my own domain name with the central addresrs book?

cheers

02-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Virtualize is offline Virtualize
Software:

Virtualize is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Virtualize Send a message via MSN to Virtualize

Old

Originally Posted by jaime View Post
This might be a stupid question but i am going to ask it anyway. So once you are finished with coding in lets say html and you want to view your site on the web, i understand that you can view your work through your browser but how exactly do you go live onto the net for everyone to view your site? Do you need to register a domain name or what exaclty? Is it possible to create something basic and still be viewed by others on the net. I also want to begin designing to create a portfolio. How do people view my portfolio, through the net i suppose, but I am not sure. So the big question is do i need to create my own domain name with the central addresrs book?

cheers
First you could get a free web host or a paid one with a domain.
Look on Google for some top companies (Startlogic, Host Gator, Surpass).

Then upload it on the file manager. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
WebsitesNetwork is offline WebsitesNetwork
Software:

WebsitesNetwork is on a distinguished road

Old

If you want to learn and test get a free web host like websitesnetwork.com , you will then have a free subdomain for example. After that you will be sent login details - this account connects you to the WWW. You will then have to upload your files and bam, its on the net. Of course theres MUCH more detail in being listed in search engines and what not. But overall thats how its done.

Closed Thread