Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1152 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Shooting @ Campus

Thread title: Shooting @ Campus
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
04-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
I had never heard of this incident until a few minutes ago, you have to sympathize for the families who lost a love one today.

I also think that although guns are legal in the US, it doesn’t give people the right to shoot people as they please. I'm also from the UK and gun crime is next to none because they are illegal here. Making guns illegal in the US won’t make much of a difference in the short term, because they are so widely available and so many people have them. It may affect the crime and violence rates in the long run though.
Is the crime with other types of weapons lower then the US? You also have to remember the US is a ton bigger then the UK so crime rates are going to lower no matter what. But thats for another discussion

04-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Randy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Randy

Old

Horribly sad. My uncle, aunt and cousin live out that way too just a few miles away scary..

04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Luke is offline Luke
Expertise:
Software:

Luke is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Luke

Old

Guns can only bring about bad things, I don't see the point in owning one. I agree with Seb and think the US should ban them. At least this latest episode of gun violence in schools will bring the debate back.

04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Is the crime with other types of weapons lower then the US? You also have to remember the US is a ton bigger then the UK so crime rates are going to lower no matter what. But thats for another discussion
I'm not saying the UK is perfect, it's far from it. There are so many other types of crime in the UK, most alcohol related; youths and young men, even women having too much to drink.

But that’s off topic

04-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
I had never heard of this incident until a few minutes ago, you have to sympathize for the families who lost a love one today.

I also think that although guns are legal in the US, it doesn’t give people the right to shoot people as they please. I'm also from the UK and gun crime is next to none because they are illegal here. Making guns illegal in the US won’t make much of a difference in the short term, because they are so widely available and so many people have them. It may affect the crime and violence rates in the long run though.
People in the US do not have the right to shoot people as they please, and although it is no where near as much as in the US, the gun crime in UK is still very high.

04-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Rys is offline Rys
Expertise:
Software:

Rys is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Rys Send a message via MSN to Rys

Old

The man was able to shoot 2 victims in a dormitory...and then run 2600 yards to a classroom building on the other side of campus, without suspicion or some kind of warning to the other students of campus. The only warning was an email sent out hours after the first incident. This is just wrong, and a disturbing mishandling of the incident. I feel sorry for the families that have lost one today and I am afraid for the rest of the students of this campus, if that is their policy for handling a gunmen on campus.

04-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

My mom called me to tell me that my cousins school was in a shooting and to come home. Luckily he decided to skip that day. Thank god.

04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Rys View Post
The man was able to shoot 2 victims in a dormitory...and then run 2600 yards to a classroom building on the other side of campus, without suspicion or some kind of warning to the other students of campus. The only warning was an email sent out hours after the first incident. This is just wrong, and a disturbing mishandling of the incident. I feel sorry for the families that have lost one today and I am afraid for the rest of the students of this campus, if that is their policy for handling a gunmen on campus.
They don't even have proof that it was the same guy. They have two different descriptions, and won't clarify if it was the same person.

04-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Guns can only bring about bad things, I don't see the point in owning one. I agree with Seb and think the US should ban them. At least this latest episode of gun violence in schools will bring the debate back.
There is more to it then whats been said here, to ban guns would mean removing a piece of the constitution. If they can do that to one of my rights they can do it to all of them. What would come next? My religion, my right of speech? That is not a door can can be opened to be able to amend the constitution like that.

One year ago someone tried to rob me, he had a knife I had a gun (he must not have noticed it on my belt), I just pulled it out and asked him how lucky he was feeling. He booked it. If I wasent allowed to own or carry a gun there is a chance I would be dead now. No point, eh?

If someone killed 30 people with a steak knife, would you try to make a law to only allow butter knives? I seriously doubt it, some crazy going and shotting a bunch of people doesnt even come close to warranting a full ban.

04-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Legit is offline Legit
Expertise:
Software:

Legit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Legit

Old

Originally Posted by Impluo View Post
I guess it could be said that tragedies amuse me.
wow.... what a douchebag

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >