Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1690 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

Nixism: Doing big things again.. Introducing Proxy Hosting Plans!!

Thread title: Nixism: Doing big things again.. Introducing Proxy Hosting Plans!!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
08-14-2007, 12:55 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Nixism: Doing big things again.. Introducing Proxy Hosting Plans!!

Nixism Web Hosting
where clients matter

Say hello proxys, meet Nixism.

That's right, new server just for your proxies! Compare our plans now!

Yes, you heard right. You guys are probably thinking "damn how much better can Nixism get". We have expanded tremendously and now to cope with the overwhelming rise of proxies, we will like to support them. But, be careful we are very strict on our server and what users can do. To check out our proxy plans go, here.

Please be warned, these deals are not expensive, but aren't cheap. In order to provide the best possible service we would need to have a nice price tag. In order to deal with this service, Nixism has obtained a new server that would be used for proxies only! This server is equipped with 2 GB Ram, and can and will be upgraded at anytime if needed. On our Dual Xeon machines, there is nothing that can go wrong.

Check out our Proxy Plans.
Please, these plans are the ONLY plans that you may host proxies on. Suspensions and Terminations will be given if proxies are found on any other plan.

To locate our plans, simply look under the Reseller's box, and you will see Proxies.

08-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

I am just curious as to how, each plan raises around double the price after the Business plan, for 100mb of space more.

08-14-2007, 01:20 AM
NoahAndrew is offline NoahAndrew
Expertise:
Software:

NoahAndrew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to NoahAndrew

Old

Bandwidth is what is focused on the most. As proxies don't take up much storage. Although we will probably take the storage up on some of the bigger plans.

08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
hisham is offline hisham
Expertise: IM
Software:

hisham is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to hisham

Old

Personally I would prefer to see more bandwidth added to the plans, the current ones aren't much for proxy sites.

08-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Amross is offline Amross
Software:

Amross is on a distinguished road

Old

As others mentioned, disk space isn't much of a concern for proxies, but rather the bandwidth (amongst other factors like percentage of CPU allocation) and your largest plan still doesn't cover what even a mildly successful proxy (in terms of my own opinion and what I consider successful) would consume.

Just to throw a number out there, when I was running a proxy which happened to be popular and successful, it was consuming around 1TB of bandwidth a month and yes, things like hot linking were disabled.

For clarification purposes, this post isn't in any way done to hurt your thread, rather to open your eyes and hopefully influence your proxy plans in a way that will drive more business to your company due to having more appropriate plans.

08-14-2007, 02:09 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

We do not beleive in overselling, successful proxies call for a VPS or a Dedicated. Successful proxies or "medium" sized proxies are not meant to be hosted on a shared environment, and yes there are ways to lower bandwidth intake. I have seen proxies get over 1,000 hits/uniques daily and only consume 25 GB a month.

08-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
Bandwidth is what is focused on the most. As proxies don't take up much storage. Although we will probably take the storage up on some of the bigger plans.
But the bandwidth is the same on the last three plans, hmm. You guys just like doubled the bandwidth.

08-14-2007, 02:54 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Added more Juice, and fixed the prices.

Reasonable now?

08-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
Added more Juice, and fixed the prices.

Reasonable now?
When I first brought it up, I wasn't being mean, nor trying to be. I just didn't see how the price difference reflected it based upon the 100mb change in space.

08-14-2007, 03:00 AM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
When I first brought it up, I wasn't being mean, nor trying to be. I just didn't see how the price difference reflected it based upon the 100mb change in space.
I understand, the price was reflected in the bandwidth changes. Proxies use little disk space, thats why there is only a small 100 MB change every plan.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >