Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1072 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Grow your community!

Thread title: Grow your community!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old  Grow your community!

Yes, I know how hard it is to jumpstart a new community, but the key to a successful forum is to: post exchange with other webmasters, tell your friends, spread flyers, get everyone over there.

How do you do that, though?
It's easy, just meet other webmasters, who run a forum, just like you, and maybe they'll give you tips, or get some of their members over to help you.

Another key is to never ever hire people to post on your forum because they are, quite often, only interested in the money, and will probably not come back to your community.

On another note; do make a bunch of interesting threads, so that you can attract more members.

Also, when your forum is new to the world wide web (the internet), do not start off with a bunch of forums, 3-4 is fine, but 10-20 is not.

Visitors will not, most often, join a forum that does not have any activity, if you're going to open a new forum, just don't spam other forums because that is wrong, and quite often, will give your forum/community a bad reputation.

Would you want to be known on the web as a 'spammer'? If that's the case, then go ahead, spam other sites, but if you're like me, and like to promote the right way, then thanks for reading this article, however, it is yet to be finished.

A great way to promote your forum is to post on other forums, where allowed, and ask them if they could help you promote, and if they say yes, then welcome your first members.

It is very hard to grow from the first 5 members to over 100, it takes time, and patience, to grow that much.

You cannot expect your forum to grow over 100 members in a day, it is not possible, unless you have a myspace account, with over 100+ friends or something, but that is beside the point that I'm trying to get across.

Basically if you start a new forum, get some friends, get posting, and in a few days, I am sure that your community will have other posters, besides you and your friends, it's the key to success man!

This article was written by Cpvr, it may not be reproduced without his permission.
For more articles by Cpvr, be sure to check out his site Virtual Pet List.com

09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
utbeastie is offline utbeastie
Expertise:
Software:

utbeastie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to utbeastie

Old

You say to never pay for posting because the writers will not come back to the forums when they are done posting. That is not the reason to pay for posts! A forum owner should use our service to make their forum more active so that visitors are more likely to become a member. It is hard to gain new members if your forum is dead.

Also, why are you against paying to post in forums if you get paid to post yourself?
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294696
Yes, are a FORMER writer for ForumLaunch.

09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

utbeastie, this is not the place to advertise or defend your service....

Secondly, I agree 100% with the the OP on the points he makes, seems a little strange if what you say is true (about him being a former writer) tf has never paid for posters and never will

09-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

[QUOTE=Robson]utbeastie, this is not the place to advertise or defend your service....
QUOTE]

Sorry...post edited!

09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
itaca is offline itaca
Expertise:
Software:

itaca is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to itaca Send a message via MSN to itaca

Old

I agree with you. Paying for posters is not the best way to go.

09-15-2005, 08:41 PM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by utbeastie
You say to never pay for posting because the writers will not come back to the forums when they are done posting. That is not the reason to pay for posts! A forum owner should use our service to make their forum more active so that visitors are more likely to become a member. It is hard to gain new members if your forum is dead.

Also, why are you against paying to post in forums if you get paid to post yourself?
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294696
Yes, are a FORMER writer for ForumLaunch.
I still work for them, sir
I just don't spread it
It's not my job, nor do I care about that service, you, or the owner, whoever you are, hired me to post on forums.
Why? You needed help, you wanted me to help spread, that I will not do.
I post on forums for more money.
I do it just for that, money!
I don't spread it, nor do I tell my friends about it.
I just do my job, just like school.

09-15-2005, 08:51 PM
a real winner is offline a real winner
Expertise:
Software:

a real winner is on a distinguished road

Old

I created a new forum and it is not easy getting members and folks to come by and post. But i am new to all of this, and my will is STRONG. In no time, i will have the community i want. But yes, i agree with OP, one needs to network with others to grow.

09-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by cpvr
I still work for them, sir
I just don't spread it
It's not my job, nor do I care about that service, you, or the owner, whoever you are, hired me to post on forums.
Why? You needed help, you wanted me to help spread, that I will not do.
I post on forums for more money.
I do it just for that, money!
I don't spread it, nor do I tell my friends about it.
I just do my job, just like school.
I am the owner and thats why i said FORMER writer. I was not asking you to "spread it", but i expect you dont talk against it.

09-16-2005, 02:07 AM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by utbeastie
I am the owner and thats why i said FORMER writer. I was not asking you to "spread it", but i expect you dont talk against it.
I never once diss your service, I just don't claim to it.
If I dissed it; you'd see a diss

09-16-2005, 02:08 AM
a real winner is offline a real winner
Expertise:
Software:

a real winner is on a distinguished road

Old

Till this thread, this was the first, i had heard of this service. I think initially paying might be a good idea, but it doesnt cancel out the fact, that the forum itself has to have good quality content, good moderation, and interesting & informative posts. But to GROW & SUSTAIN your forum/board - non-paying members is what one will need and want.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >