Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1216 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Stepping down (again, finally?)

Thread title: Stepping down (again, finally?)
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
JacktheFlipper is offline JacktheFlipper
Expertise:
Software:

JacktheFlipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Changing the design of a site and having a few competitions for new ideas won't develop a forum. Plus if someone had a brilliant idea for a marketplace then why wouldn't they develop it themselves?!

06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by JacktheFlipper View Post
Changing the design of a site and having a few competitions for new ideas won't develop a forum. Plus if someone had a brilliant idea for a marketplace then why wouldn't they develop it themselves?!
Chances are they wont have the time or capital required.

06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

If you guys would like to discuss the ideas or ongoing developments of the site then post in our Suggestions & Feedback forum. Please keep things on topic.

It's a shame to see you leave Salathe! You've been an immense staff member/member, and we can't thank you enough. Proving you wrong is on our priority list!

06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Salathe is spot on.

Behind the scenes staff are abysmal, and having been tabooed for voicing this concern, i'd say it stems from the top.

06-11-2011, 05:27 PM
flez is offline flez
Expertise:
Software:

flez is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
I absolutely, wholeheartedly, 100% disagree. The fact that the majority of active members have been here for years, and still come here to post (or if they don't post much, still come around to see what's going on!) is testament to the eternal faith and strength in the (former) community. If anything, I would say that the overwhelming attitude of the members, at least the ones that take any time to voices themselves, is one of support. Change of attitude? No thanks!
Some people do that?

08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
YoungCoder is offline YoungCoder
Software:

YoungCoder is on a distinguished road

Old

Cya. You might not remember me since I just popped in here after 4 years but I can remember you from Yaxay as well.

08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Adam S. is offline Adam S.
Expertise: Coding / programming
Software: NotePad

Adam S. is on a distinguished road

Old

Well holy shit! I return finally, and Salathe, one of the main members I remember, leaves?!

Well good luk, and hope to see you from time to time!

08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Sorry to see you go, Salathe. You've been a major contributor to this forum over the years and I've always enjoyed reading your comments. The very best to you.
To Artashes, I remain optimistic about TFL's future and will continue to frequent the forum as time permits.

09-05-2011, 07:47 PM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

vVv is on a distinguished road

Old

I know I haven't been here posting much, but I'd like to offer my point of view. It's the hot-heads that actually care about the forum and how it's run. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have bothered getting hot-headed in the first place. It would just be normal folks, sharing "big ideas", yet not going any where with the ideas. Sometimes you need a swift kick to the butt, to get motivated. Banning/ removing all those that actually cared about the community, is only ruining it more. Because the ones that actually cared / got hot-headed, are eliminated from it all, there's no one really here with a "voice" to help motivate and push changes now. It's boring. It's the same crap stuff, over and over again. There's no desire here. You only make it fail faster, when you eliminate the ones that care for a community. If you suck the life / remove the ones that love the community, it kills it 10 times faster. This place could thrive again, but I doubt it though. I've been here a couple of times, seen posts about big dreams, changes, and was back again after almost years time went by.... and nothing was really done yet. Can't blame the board's failure on anyone else... Banning or removing people for voicing their opinions and etc, is another failure. Those that voiced their opinions, pushing for changes, should be reinstated. And not just talk about making changes, but actually do the changes within a weeks time frame, not years later. I really wish I had the money, I'd buy this place over night, and make the changes within 24 hours to week time frame. This is a community deal, but even when the community is part of it, nothing is done. It's sad shame. But anyway, it's just suggestion.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2