Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1058 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Simple Bank

Thread title: Simple Bank
12-17-2012, 04:22 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Simple Bank

Has anyone ever heard of or used Simple? I received my invitation email about a month ago, but I couldn't sign up because the android app wasn't developed yet (apparently the app is whats so special about their banking). Anyway, I've heard good things about them, and I will be getting an iPhone soon. Hoping to switch banks to them.

Opinions?

12-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

They're just reselling Bancorp Bank accounts with a bunch of fancy features. If opinions on them are generally high I don't see why not. Their profit scheme seems relatively straightforward so I don't think they're a scam.

My only concern is that I can't find much of anything on them via Google. All I could find were articles discussing what they do, not anything else about them.

12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
They're just reselling Bancorp Bank accounts with a bunch of fancy features. If opinions on them are generally high I don't see why not. Their profit scheme seems relatively straightforward so I don't think they're a scam.

My only concern is that I can't find much of anything on them via Google. All I could find were articles discussing what they do, not anything else about them.
I'd assume, the lack of information is due to them being relatively new and not open to the general public yet. The only information/feedback I found, outside of the official website, was a friend's twitter discussion with another bank user. This is a friend who's opinion I respect a lot. He is usually on point with everything. This is how I discovered the bank as well. Anyway, they both discussed how happy they were with Simple, and how they haven't encountered any problems so far.

I've been with Wells Fargo since I was a child, but their rules and fees are driving me crazy. They once tried to give me three $30 charges for transferring money from my savings to checking account more times than aloud. This was a new rule which I had no idea about, apparently they sent a letter...

They also wouldn't wave a $35 overdraft fee from when I spent $1 more than I had. I even wired money into the account the next day. You would think that it would be a professional courtesy to wave it, considering how long I've been with them, and that I'm under my parents account who holds a lot of money with them.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is wells fargo's is very frustrating to deal with. Simple bank seems like they're a lot more lenient and less of a hassel to deal with. I think I'm going to give them a try.

01-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Maxts is offline Maxts
Expertise: Programming
Software: Visual Studio

Maxts is on a distinguished road

Old

Amazing how if you have thought about an unique idea there is always already someone who have attempted something similar in the past, almost makes me want to shout "copy cat copy cat!".

Still haven't took it as far as I'm going to take it