Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2413 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

As I said big changes are happening.

Thread title: As I said big changes are happening.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old  As I said big changes are happening.

As I said big changes are happening, the first is...I quit as a member of the staff. I am doing this of my own accord. I had big plans and was even appointed to a head moderator position to implement them. After reviewing exactly where I want to be in my personal life, I realise that being a member of staff in Talkfreelance is a serious drain on my life. I see it daily as a negative place, and that is not where I want to be. I need a change, I need to be able to breathe again.

I thank Robert for giving me a chance and appointing me as a moderator last year. I don't regret any of my time spent on the staff.

I thank James for supporting me, and I apologise for not seeing through the big changes and hope you understand where I am coming from.

I thank all of the members who have been gracious towards me and supported me, you are all the reason I enjoyed being a staff member.

I believe Talkfreelance has declined a lot in the last year, and as being a member of staff I have had to try and contain the decline. I have been spending over 95% of my time here lately just policing all the arguing, fighting, rippers, thieves, rulebreakers, spammers etc...Because of this fact it has made me into a tough moderator. I am NOT this kind of person.

I was the biggest reviewer of items in the gallery showcase, I was one of the biggest helpers with html and css problems. I was the biggest helper n the business & legal section. Looking back I haven't really reviewed a design in over 6 months, I havent helped a coder in over 6 months as well. I was voted Talkfreelances best member last year.

I am a community helper, not a policeman.

I love this forum.

Now I just want to post.

Thanks goes out to all who have opposed me, now I can actually argue with you (something I have not yet done in this forum)

I hope I don't get banned

Kind regards, and best of luck to the staff!