Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1149 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Google doesn't read the flash text in my flash website.

Thread title: Google doesn't read the flash text in my flash website.
11-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Trent Boswell is offline Trent Boswell
Expertise: flash
Software: flash

Trent Boswell is on a distinguished road

Old  Google doesn't read the flash text in my flash website.

This is because I use movie clips within other movie clips.

I wondered if anyone knew a workaround or trick that I could use to get text into google. I have a couple ideas but they're just ideas.

I would like to create an alternate page that is not flash, but a regular html page with all of the text I want google to read inside it. Somehow I use code to tell it that when a user clicks on the link, to redirect them to the flash webpage, but when a search engine sees it, to send the search engine/google to that regular html page, where it will gather all of the text and then that text will show up on google's page when you do a search and my site on google? Even if this was possible, would google frown upon this and ban me or something?

The other idea I have is to use invisible text at the bottom of my page. This will be regular html text that is the same color as my background. But I heard this can get you banned from search engines like google if you are using lots of keywords, but I wouldn't be using keywords. I'd be using the few sentences of content that their stupid crappy technology doesn't read, forcing me to bust my hump trying to find a workaround for. It sucks that google doesn't even use keywords in my metadata for rankings either. So I can't even use that with them.

Anyone got some ideas/info?

Thanks in advance.

Thanked by:
11-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Do a Google search for flash SEO techniques, SEO and accessibility have always been issues with using flash for a full web page.

10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
AnyDemo is offline AnyDemo
Expertise:
Software:

AnyDemo is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello,

Flash movies are really not good for SEO. The best solution is also put text contents along with the Flash movies.

Best regards

Alex