Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 515 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Portfolio Design

Thread title: Portfolio Design
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
12-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

not to be rude but it looks too inspired to me which, for a portfolio, is not a good sign. As H2F said, you really need to give potential clients a good impression.

Although thats not the main problem of the design, the main problem i can see is that the links in the main and nav, and some of the text in general, is harder on the eye's than it needs to be. I'd work on making the site a bit easier to read, make it as easy on the eye as you can

Other than that it's not too bad

12-08-2005, 08:05 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

mn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mn Send a message via MSN to mn

Old

I am sorry Bazza, but from where is it inspired? I have agreed to you with the lightning problem but i will not to the fact that it was inspired... Please show me a design which you think i may have gotten inspired of.

12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by theodor
I am sorry Bazza, but from where is it inspired? I have agreed to you with the lightning problem but i will not to the fact that it was inspired... Please show me a design which you think i may have gotten inspired of.
Theodor, I don't think Bazza is trying to say your inspired from one site in particular, but from the many, many sites that are now running with designs with this sort of style, it's been done, done and done again and now it's just one of those styles that everyone uses!

I guess what me and Bazza are trying to say is to just try and be more creative with your portfolio, as it presents you as a designer to potential customers, if they see your portfolio website designed with the same style as loads of others don't you think they would just move on because they saw you as someone with no sense of self-creativity?

Please, don't take offense by any of this, me and Bazza are just trying to offer our help.

12-08-2005, 08:57 PM
echoepidemic is offline echoepidemic
Expertise:
Software:

echoepidemic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to echoepidemic Send a message via MSN to echoepidemic

Old

P1 = better

12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Oh allright i just took Bazza post straight forward. He said i am sorry its too inspired, when a design is too inspired or heavily inspired its most likely just simply ripped off a design. So next time just say it is inspired not heavily becouse i did not use any reference websites for this portfolio.

12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah i think you misunderstood me there. I think just in general the styles and colours are something which we have just over and over again. The header looks like TF, the style reminds me of the people H2F mentioned and the colours remind me of everywhere else lol. It's not a bad thing to be inspired, we all make inspired designs from time to time. It's not a problem really. It's just for actuall portfolio designs i always like to see something creative and different from the norm.

Like H2F said, there's no offence ment. It's just my opinion, which happens o be the same as How2Freelance's

12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
niek is offline niek
Software:

niek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to niek

Old

this might be offtopic , but eum bazza i could say the same thing about your work on your portfolio. I don't want to offend you in any way!!! But you can't say someone is using other peoples styles , while you do the same , am i not right?

12-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by niek
this might be offtopic , but eum bazza i could say the same thing about your work on your portfolio. I don't want to offend you in any way!!! But you can't say someone is using other peoples styles , while you do the same , am i not right?
Bazza's portfolio site is not inspired by any means if you ask me, and I don't see sites like that everyday.

12-08-2005, 09:12 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well i actually do...Its just like most of my Forum skins and its the same style that i used in my portfolio. I have just opended his portfolio and noticed the same fact

12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by niek
As i said in my post right there, there is nothing wrong with being inspired by other peoples work. It's just in my opinion that a portfolio design should show a more creative and unique said. Just my opinion

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >