Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1643 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Sold copyrighted material

Thread title: Sold copyrighted material

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-06-2010, 12:29 AM
InventYourself is offline InventYourself
Software:

InventYourself is on a distinguished road

Old  Sold copyrighted material

Talkfreelance,

I recently purchased a template for $47/£30, cheap I know, and for a good reason!

I was "Google'ing" away this afternoon when I stumbled across part of the design I was sold a few days back! Turns out, the header from the template has been taken from someone's else's work, from an abstract, vector art wallpaper!

I've approached the developer in question and have requested he refunds my money, to which I presumably have been denied, he blocked from his Live Messenger!

Clearly I want compensating for my loss, as I have no intention what so ever in using copyrighted material. Although I am pretty aware I stand near to no chance of that happening!

Obviously, $47/£30 isn't worth hiring a solicitor for! In the eye of the general public here at Talkfreelance, would it be frowned upon to name, and shame this individual at the forums he operates at? Out of principle, that I have offered him an amicable solution, for a full refund, and have been ignored.

He is currently advertising several other designs for sale, at various forums, is it my duty to warn others or should I just let him get away with conducting business like this?

Wallpaper - http://www.digitalrevolutions.biz/ra...er/2008/09/29/
Template - http://www.easy2create.net/new/index.php

Regards,
Matt.