Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1070 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

IPBSkinworks / PR5 / $420/month

Thread title: IPBSkinworks / PR5 / $420/month
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-01-2006, 01:01 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old  IPBSkinworks / PR5 / $420/month

IPBSkinworks.com

Age Of Site: 3 months

Description:

IPBSkinworks is a reseller of skins for the Invision Power Board. At the moment we have 9 styles available for purchase and 1 smilie pack. There are also a couple unreleased skins that can be viewed on the site forums. They include the Mellow and FazeX skins.

The site features a clean layout inspired by one of the skins offered on the site and is powered by Subdreamer CMS. The site and forum databases are integrated so customers only need to register once to be able to access both. The Support Desk is a plugin for Subdreamer so it also works off this database.

Purchases and downloads are handled by a modified version of the Download Manger plugin for Subdreamer. This includes a modified version of the Payal addon for said plugin. Users browse the downloads and then proceed to Paypal to pay for their purchases. I contacted the plugin writer and also had a few features added. The first thing I paid to have added was manual order approval by an admin before purchases can be downloaded. This is a useful fraud prevention technique. Another feature I paid to have added was that users must enter the URL of the site they plan to use the skin on before they can download. This is so I can make sure that skins aren’t used on unauthorized sites. The last feature I had added was the ability to manually add orders. This could be useful if a sale were to take place such as a buy-one-get-one-free sale. Below is a screenshot of the Download Manager AdminCP.

Download Manager AdminCP Screenshot

Please ignore the ‘Items Sold Past 30 Days’. This includes licenses that were imported from the old order system.

The forum has 301 users and 296 posts. 26 of the members are product owners. The site is well indexed by Google with 460 results to the query site:ipbskinworks.com. The site is also has a PR of 5.

What This Sale Includes:

Exclusive rights to the IPB version of every skin, released and unreleased, on the site. You will also receive the smiley pack that is up for sale. Please be advised that some of the skins on the site are authorized ports of vB skins from vbSkinworks and that the new owner will need to sign a document stating that they recognize they own rights to only the IPB ports.

All site files. This includes the main site and forum. The sale includes a branding free Subdreamer license valued at $160 and a perpetual Invision Power Board license valued at $185.

The domain. Registered at Godaddy and expires January 17th, 2008. It is PR 5. Alexa ranking is 130,054.

Ad banners. They can be seen here. I will also include a leaderboard sized ad which is an enlarged version of the 468x60 ad.

Revenue:

In the month I have owned the site their have been 21 purchases and $419.79 in grosses. One of these does not show up as profit in the AdminCP because the sale was made through email and later added into the database. Paypal screenshots can be found below.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Traffic:

Some traffic comes from an Adwords campaign and some advertising I’ve done on Invisionize. Average uniques/day is 130. Awstats reports that 70% of the traffic is from Direct Address / Bookmarks. A link to a screenshot of the Awstats is below.

Awstats Screenshot

------------------------------

As you can see, time and effort has gone into putting this site up. Much of the credit for this goes to John, owner of vbSkinworks and former owner of IPBSkinworks. As such, this site will not be going cheap.

This auction will be posted on other sites as well and I will keep this thread current with the high bid.

Starting Bid: $3000

Buy It Now: $6000

Bid Increment: $200

06-01-2006, 02:04 AM
depthskins is offline depthskins
Expertise:
Software:

depthskins is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to depthskins Send a message via Yahoo to depthskins Send a message via Skype™ to depthskins

Old

wow. I'm so interested in this. I like the site. Seems promising once time is placed into it and will work nicely with depthskins which i'm trying to change up. This would be a powerful change not to mention expensive.

Anyways, the thought lingers.

I'd just like to be kept updated with the bids and I'd like to ask, how long before the bid closes?

That question is slightly vague. Let's say you have a high bid you're willing to let it go for (6000), how long before you close it?

06-01-2006, 02:28 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

Old

Hey,

Thanks for your interest.

The auction end will be announced when the first bid is recieved.

$6000 is BIN and auction will end immediately if a bid of that much is placed. Auction will end at time announced (after first bid) otherwise.

06-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via MSN to depthskins Send a message via Yahoo to depthskins Send a message via Skype™ to depthskins

Old

Why are you selling the site?
What about hosting?

06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

Old

I'm selling the site because I have some debts to pay off and I need some startup funds for another project.

Hosting is not included with the sale.

06-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Who are your coders? Are they going to still work with ipbskinworks? Did you first start this company?

06-02-2006, 12:35 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

Old

Hey,

Mickoes has been the coder of all skins already on the site. I believe there is an open invitation for more projects at the rate of $75/skin.

I was not the one who originally started the site. It was originally started in February by John (smacklan) of vbSkinworks as a move towards expanding into other markets. However, he sold the site towards the end of April because he did not have as much time as he would have liked to invest in it while managing his other site.

06-02-2006, 01:41 AM
smacklan is offline smacklan
Expertise: Design, Business
Software: Everything

smacklan is on a distinguished road

Old

Good luck with the sale Nick! This is an awesome deal and truely has the potential to make big money for the right person who will invest in it's growth...as well as the popularity through association to vBSkinworks reputation

06-02-2006, 12:02 PM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by smacklan
Good luck with the sale Nick! This is an awesome deal and truely has the potential to make big money for the right person who will invest in it's growth...as well as the popularity through association to vBSkinworks reputation
Thanks John =)

06-04-2006, 01:11 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

Old

An offer of $2000 has been received but will probably not be accepted. End date will be posted with the reception of an offer at or above the starting bid.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >