Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 840 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

"Link exchange" Homepage!

Thread title: "Link exchange" Homepage!
Closed Thread    
02-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Michel Z. is offline Michel Z.
Software:

Michel Z. is on a distinguished road

Old  "Link exchange" Homepage!

Soon I will start my new site & would like to build traffic by doing "link exchange" for homepage only with mostly related sites!

I don't believe so much in doing "link exchange" and placing links on "link page" for this purpose!! This will give me NO traffic, though it will increase "link popularity" in the longer run!

Mainly, I am looking to build traffic through home page "link exchange" with mostly related sites as mentioned before!

1. What is your opinion here about my approach?

Furthermore, I have a few other questions as well:

2. How many links of "link partners" are still acceptable on homepage?

I mean 10, 100 links or 1000 links of link partners on homepage makes a difference. I still need to present my service to my audience as well in a descent way without that they get crazy about all my links I added from link partners!

3. How should I go about things:

Just send email to web master of site I would like to do link exchange with?

4. The problem I also face is that most likely sites with a lot of traffic don't want to do homepage linkexchange with a site which doesn't have any traffic yet!!

How do I tickle this problem?
1st build traffic through link exchange with smaller sites & then approach the bigger ones?

Let me know...

Thanks a lot for your time & advise!

02-05-2006, 09:43 AM
aboyd is offline aboyd
Expertise:
Software:

aboyd is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to aboyd

Old

Originally Posted by Michel Z.
Soon I will start my new site & would like to build traffic by doing "link exchange" for homepage only with mostly related sites!

I don't believe so much in doing "link exchange" and placing links on "link page" for this purpose!! This will give me NO traffic, though it will increase "link popularity" in the longer run!

Mainly, I am looking to build traffic through home page "link exchange" with mostly related sites as mentioned before!
My God, use a period, man. You write as though you're on crack.

1. What is your opinion here about my approach?
It's one small aspect of a marketing a site, and it will do it's small part.

2. How many links of "link partners" are still acceptable on homepage?
Well gosh, I suppose you could have hundreds. However, Google in particular supposedly divides your "PR power" among all the links. So a PR 5 site with ONE link to a related site is a BIG endorsement. A PR 5 site with 150 links to kinda-maybe-related sites is pretty much a washout. I've heard people mention "40 to 50" links as the most Google will consider valid. I dunno.

Just send email to web master of site I would like to do link exchange with?
Yes.

4. The problem I also face is that most likely sites with a lot of traffic don't want to do homepage linkexchange with a site which doesn't have any traffic yet!!
Correct.

If it were me, I'd simply start adding the links, and contact the Webmasters after the links are there. Tell them you'd love to do a link exchange, but if not, you can at least keep their link on your site until someone else displaces it. Then, as more & more sites agree to the exchange, give them priority. Slowly, you'll push off the page all the sites that were unwilling to do the link exchange. Eventually, every link will be an exchange link. As this happens, your site will get more & more PR, and more sites will be willing to link to you.

-Tony

02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi there,

I think the approach is good, be careful not to clutter your homepage with links though, I would personally recommend you limit them to about 25 links. If you manage to get 25 strong pr5 links then that will really improve your SERP and traffic, no doubt.

As for contacting webmasters, I would probably do it via the e-mail route but ensure you personalise each e-mail otherwise people will think of it as spam and won't give you a seconds notice. Try and convince them of the positives of exchanging with your site, perhaps in bullet point form?

02-05-2006, 05:52 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

"Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100)."

Closed Thread