Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1336 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

A couple of tips to Boost Google Rankings...

Thread title: A couple of tips to Boost Google Rankings...
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
08-06-2008, 01:40 AM
jinous@webdco.com is offline jinous@webdco.com
Software:

jinous@webdco.com is on a distinguished road

Old  A couple of tips to Boost Google Rankings...

I've decided I will prepare some useful information in the Online Marketing field and post here every week.

Hope you will find this information helpful. I am a 7-year experienced online marketer.

Want to join the Google race in your niche? Make your website a resource or an authority website. Sound complicated? It's not.

1. Create unique content that is readable. Announce your articles. Have visitors bookmark your website on Digg.com and other Tagging communities. Have readers write about your content in their blogs.

Some questions to ask yourself: What would the visitor gain from reading your content? Is it interesting? Is it helpful?

My Experience: Some of my clients have written and announced their content on the WWW, hence creating 100’s and even 1000’s of back links.

2. Link to other authority sites. Google loves outbound links. Link to the most authoritative websites in your niche. Wikipedia is a great example for almost any niche.

My Experience: I’ve seen websites drop in ranking just because they no longer linked to relevant content within their niche. You don’t have to take my word for this, other SEOs will agree.

3. Automated content generation. Allow for your website to become deeper by creating automated pages. For example: User signs up for your service or visits your website. Give him the opportunity to create a profile – which in turn will give your website one more additional page. A 1000 profile pages will give your website an additional 1000 pages. Google loves depth. You can use simple website templates to achieve this.

I will leave the rest of the ideas up to you…

If you have any comments or questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

08-06-2008, 01:53 AM
amdwarrior is offline amdwarrior
Software:

amdwarrior is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely use these..

08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Chase is offline Chase
Expertise:
Software:

Chase is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chase Send a message via MSN to Chase

Old

Thank you much, very helpful.

08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Anthillz is offline Anthillz
Software:

Anthillz is on a distinguished road

Old

Good tips. I agree with all the above.

I'd also like to add, remember to nofollow paid outbound links. No need to give out link juice to sponsors or paid advertisers.

08-07-2008, 03:35 AM
MrCat is offline MrCat
Software:

MrCat is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Anthillz View Post
Good tips. I agree with all the above.

I'd also like to add, remember to nofollow paid outbound links. No need to give out link juice to sponsors or paid advertisers.
Good advice. This will ward off the possibility of getting penalized for selling links.

08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
seome is offline seome
Software:

seome is on a distinguished road

Old

Great tips, but does anyone have more evidence on linking to authority sites helping? I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just wondering if any marketers have done any testing on that. Anyway, I can add don't forget to comment on relevant blogs with a link back to your site, especially dofollow blogs. This can get you some targeted traffic and help boost rankings in all search engines.

08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
iC3D is offline iC3D
Expertise:
Software:

iC3D is on a distinguished road

Old

Really nice information!

08-08-2008, 05:01 AM
uNiT is offline uNiT
Software:

uNiT is on a distinguished road

Old

Tip for those using dynamic pages:

A simple mod_rewrite rule in your .htaccess file will make your dynamic link a static one..sort of. Example:
Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^articles/([^/\.]+)/?$ index.php?articles=$1 [L]
With that, if a user went to yoursite.com/articles/today , the server would see it as yoursite.com/index.php?articles=today without even redirecting the user

You can google for more information on apache's mod_rewrite, it's an incredibly useful function

08-08-2008, 07:17 AM
businesscredit is offline businesscredit
Expertise:
Software:

businesscredit is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jinous@webdco.com View Post
I've decided I will prepare some useful information in the Online Marketing field and post here every week.

Hope you will find this information helpful. I am a 7-year experienced online marketer.

Want to join the Google race in your niche? Make your website a resource or an authority website. Sound complicated? It's not.

1. Create unique content that is readable. Announce your articles. Have visitors bookmark your website on Digg.com and other Tagging communities. Have readers write about your content in their blogs.

Some questions to ask yourself: What would the visitor gain from reading your content? Is it interesting? Is it helpful?

My Experience: Some of my clients have written and announced their content on the WWW, hence creating 100’s and even 1000’s of back links.

2. Link to other authority sites. Google loves outbound links. Link to the most authoritative websites in your niche. Wikipedia is a great example for almost any niche.

My Experience: I’ve seen websites drop in ranking just because they no longer linked to relevant content within their niche. You don’t have to take my word for this, other SEOs will agree.

3. Automated content generation. Allow for your website to become deeper by creating automated pages. For example: User signs up for your service or visits your website. Give him the opportunity to create a profile – which in turn will give your website one more additional page. A 1000 profile pages will give your website an additional 1000 pages. Google loves depth. You can use simple website templates to achieve this.

I will leave the rest of the ideas up to you…

If you have any comments or questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

I've seen this same post somewhere else, some other forums.

Thanks for sharing anyways.

08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
jinous@webdco.com is offline jinous@webdco.com
Software:

jinous@webdco.com is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by businesscredit View Post
I've seen this same post somewhere else, some other forums.

Thanks for sharing anyways.
hehe... I have posted this post on 1 other forum... I hope you have found this information useful...

And YES, I have seen websites drop in ranking just because I removed outbound links to authoritative websites...

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >