Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 982 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

(Advice) How To Promote A Website

Thread title: (Advice) How To Promote A Website
Closed Thread    
06-15-2010, 11:08 AM
adrianbanc is offline adrianbanc
Expertise: One of the issues often overlo
Software:

adrianbanc is on a distinguished road

Old  (Advice) How To Promote A Website

Hello. My name is Adrian and I am the PR Manager of removed. I was wondering what can I do to improve the popularity of the website. I need something affordable like link building. Does this work? Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

06-17-2010, 02:21 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by adrianbanc View Post
Hello. My name is Adrian and I am the PR Manager of TheRioContest.com. I was wondering what can I do to improve the popularity of the website. I need something affordable like link building. Does this work? Any ideas would be highly appreciated.
Your site is not coming up here, so I'm guessing its going to be REAL hard improving its popularity. Buying links doesn't work. Organic back links are the best.

06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

You could try doing basic SEO. Get started with anything from article submission, directory submission, blog commenting etc.

06-22-2010, 09:39 AM
adrianbanc is offline adrianbanc
Expertise: One of the issues often overlo
Software:

adrianbanc is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
Your site is not coming up here, so I'm guessing its going to be REAL hard improving its popularity. Buying links doesn't work. Organic back links are the best.
What do you mean by "it's not coming up here" ?

06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

If you need to stat somewhere just go on social bookmarking site yourself and bookmark your site. You'll start to notice immediate change in rankings.

06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by adrianbanc View Post
What do you mean by "it's not coming up here" ?
When I originally attempted to link to your site, it would not display. I don't have that problem this morning. By the way, your site looks very nice.

I did notice you're using the same meta description on every page of your site. You might customize that description to match each page.

Building online traffic works best with a mix of online and offline marketing techniques.

A few of my favorites below:

Organic Backlinks – Organic backlinks to relevant sites with high PageRank – in good neighborhoods work best. Links to warez, torrent and spam sites are considered BAD neighborhoods – and will drag your site lower in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS).

Forum Signatures – Participating in industry forums and discussion groups positions your firm as an expert in the field. Your signature at the end of each thread or post can link to your website or a specific promotion. Be sure to comply with forum rules.

Newsletters – Newsletters are a fantastic way to get the word out about your contest. Links from newsletters can be monitored to determine what hits home with your readers.

Relevant Content – Beyond a doubt, the MOST IMPORTANT element for any website is relevant content, meaning your content must address each click through (opportunity) with a compelling and convertible solution.

Tweaking Your Site Using Analytics/Statistical Progams – Measuring what works, and what doesn’t work provides a foundation by which you can re-structure your site for success. Discard what doesn’t work, and repeat repeat repeat what does.

Social Media Networking – I think it goes without saying that having a presence, at least today, on Facebook or Twitter is a necessity. Your competition is already there capturing some of your traffic. I do see Twitter on your site, but not Facebook.

Article Writing – Article writing positions you and your firm as experts in the field. Link your articles back to your site via your bio.

06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Middlewest is offline Middlewest
Software:

Middlewest is on a distinguished road

Old

I am not a big fan of purple color and would never use it on my website, but yours looks nice, neat and well designed. Those are great tips from Steve that you can apply. Amongst those, forum signatures maybe the easiest yet effective way.

09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
ramirezhenry55 is offline ramirezhenry55
Expertise: marketing, SEO
Software:

ramirezhenry55 is on a distinguished road

Old

Adrian, you might wanna check out odesk and elance and post your requirements I am sure you will hit a professional and skilled link builder at a good budget. If you want to, this forum alone is a good source of link building tips that you could learn and apply to your site.

09-04-2010, 11:10 AM
JacktheFlipper is offline JacktheFlipper
Expertise:
Software:

JacktheFlipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Adrian, if you follow the tips that Steve has provided you will begin to see some nice results, but remember quality takes times to achieve so don't expect the backlinks you build today to create 1000 visitors to your site tomorrow

09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
iproperty123 is offline iproperty123
Expertise: Real Estate Services
Software:

iproperty123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Article Submission, Forum Posting, Bookmarking and Directory Submission is the best idea for promoting any website.

Closed Thread