Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 744 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

John Chow made $23k in the month of October

Thread title: John Chow made $23k in the month of October
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
11-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
There are more things to life than money you know.
But we can also all agree that money is an important tool.

11-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

Originally Posted by Duality View Post
But we can also all agree that money is an important tool.
We could also argue that money breeds many of the negative things this world could do without, such as corruption. Personally, to me, people who make their life goal to make a million are pathetic, they become consumed by it, but that's just my personal opinion - as honest as I can be.

11-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Originally Posted by Wildhoney View Post
We could also argue that money breeds many of the negative things this world could do without, such as corruption. Personally, to me, people who make their life goal to make a million are pathetic, they become consumed by it, but that's just my personal opinion - as honest as I can be.
Well, fighting your opinion is totally pointless as it just results in negativity flowing around and plus, I like your opinion.

It's not really money's fault though. It is pretty much a tool that people can use for good or bad, and people do good and bad things to get it. It's like a kitchen knife. The knife is just a tool. It can be used to kill but can also be used to cut vegetables and meat. Take your pick. ^_^

By the way, I'm working towards being a millionaire but that certainly isn't my life goal. =)

11-28-2007, 04:21 AM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
I follow blogs (web design/dev generally), and I've heard John's name mentioned but not really looked into who he is or what he does and certainly haven't following his postings. I've also heard that he's an idiot to be avoided at all costs -- that's for you to decide. What, may I ask, does this topic have to do with freelancing or any other subject to which TalkFreelance devotes it's discussion base? Unless this is just a ****ing contest, John Chow can pee higher up the wall than you can so therefore he must be amazing. Right? Does John freelance?
It's the general chat forum buddy.

11-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

Originally Posted by Duality View Post
Well, fighting your opinion is totally pointless as it just results in negativity flowing around and plus, I like your opinion.

It's not really money's fault though. It is pretty much a tool that people can use for good or bad, and people do good and bad things to get it. It's like a kitchen knife. The knife is just a tool. It can be used to kill but can also be used to cut vegetables and meat. Take your pick. ^_^

By the way, I'm working towards being a millionaire but that certainly isn't my life goal. =)
Lovely. Well, I like moolah, don't get me wrong, enough to take me on holiday, and to keep my away from the restrictions of having a boss. Although technically I do have a boss when I'm freelancing. Recalls the Jimmy Carr joke:

Cab Driver says, "I love my job, my own boss, nobody tells me what to do." I said, "left here."

You're quite right that it's not moolah's fault, it's humanity deep-down at the core. Perhaps we're all innately corrupt.

11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Amen, brother. I actually enjoy what I do, I rarely think about how I could make more money.

11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by cpvr View Post
It's the general chat forum buddy.
My mistake, feel free to post on anything completely unrelated to why we're here.

11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
TheGrandBerry is offline TheGrandBerry
Expertise:
Software:

TheGrandBerry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TheGrandBerry Send a message via MSN to TheGrandBerry

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
My mistake, feel free to post on anything completely unrelated to why we're here.
I'm sure he will do, as this is what this section of the forum is for. Don't like it? Don't visit it.

11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

You're quite right that it's not moolah's fault, it's humanity deep-down at the core. Perhaps we're all innately corrupt.
I believe so ..

I'm of the opinion that it's not a money issue, but a people issue. All money does is exaggerate what's already there. If you're a greedy, stingy, mean person, money and the pursuit of it is used for that purpose. If you're a giving, compassionate, kind person, money and the pursuit of it is used for that purpose.

I compare money to bricks. You can use the brick to break a window or you can use to build a hospital. What you do with that brick is dependent on what that person holding it intends.

11-28-2007, 05:11 PM
bgolat is offline bgolat
Software:

bgolat is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to bgolat Send a message via AIM to bgolat Send a message via Yahoo to bgolat

Old

John Chow is brilliant, encourages visitors to help his site grow and makes lots of money along the way.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >