Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1431 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     .NET and MSSQL :

your asp.net websites.

Thread title: your asp.net websites.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
amf is offline amf
Expertise:
Software:

amf is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by creativeUI View Post
Nowadays you can develop with .NET for free just like LAMP. Just get the express editions of visual studio and SQL Server and have at it.
Agreed. I just don't find the SQL Server footprint to be anything along the lines of "light". And the limitations in VS Express wouldn't work for those clients where I need to debug against their remote data.

I'm not dissing MS stuff in my comments in this thread; for the kind of work I do, if I want the outcome to be light and not cost the client licensing fees as they get bigger (SQL Express has performance limitations), then I go LAMP. It's also cheaper to find hosting for Linux with mySQL than it is to find Win2K3 with SQL Server.

It's all a balance; not every tool is a great fit for every job. Right now, I have three ASP.Net projects that are active, a PHP/mySQL web site upgrade just completed yesterday, FreelanceLocalTech is PHP/mySQL, and instead of posting this message I should be working on the upgrade to a Linux manufacturing automation application with a VB.Net WinForms front-end. A good developer learns to choose the right tools for each job.

08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
jackfrost is offline jackfrost
Software:

jackfrost is on a distinguished road

Old

i wrote my site on ASP.NET - http://digitallights.com

And it's running on a CMS system I built all in ASP.NET - http://digitallights.com/impact.ashx

.NET definitely gets a bad rap for web development, but I have to agree that it is a bit "heavier" than LAMP. although, IMHO, that weight is worth it.

11-10-2008, 08:53 PM
garydevenay is offline garydevenay
Software:

garydevenay is on a distinguished road

Old

I am a junior ASP.NET developer in a small company, and honestly, there are endless possibilities. It is deffo the most powerful framework out there. Have a play about with some things like IHTTPHandlers and stuff and it will cut a lot of work out (processing images etc...)

12-10-2008, 09:57 AM
freelancerguy is offline freelancerguy
Software:

freelancerguy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to freelancerguy Send a message via MSN to freelancerguy Send a message via Yahoo to freelancerguy Send a message via Skype™ to freelancerguy

Old

I have developed 5 major projects using ASP.NET, SQL SERVER, AJAX controls, they are working fine with any problem. I love Microsoft technologies.

04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
srgupta2005 is offline srgupta2005
Software:

srgupta2005 is on a distinguished road

Old

i develop all my projects in C#.NET, VB.Net especially CRM's and Content Management Systems. If you're new to the .net platform then stick with it, you'll soon realise how object orientated programming makes life so much easier. Re-usable code is the main advantage.

I have developed a so many projects on .net Techonology.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2