Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1476 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Talkfreelance

Thread title: Talkfreelance
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by 46Bit View Post
Yes, except that Zee, if he actually cared about the forum, would have found 30 minutes in the past few years to post looking for a buyer. After all, the forum can't make much for him - the ads probably cover the hosting costs and not too much more - so why on earth not sell?

Having said that, it really is still being a git to steal traffic and ruin TFL regardless, but still - I'd say that it's for the best. If Zee 'returns' now, then good - but really, do you think that he's suddenly going to give any time for the site all of a sudden? Best hope is that he sells and that this place starts to liven up. If not, it's off to WDP for me.
Actually, he might sell. If he does not he will probably appoint someone who wants to run the site with the power to run it. Either way that will be a step forward.

I would have gone to WDP but I will not go to a site with someone who does this to get members. Nick is an unethical crook, I do not care to go to any forum he runs. Good may come of this, but it is in spite of Nick's best efforts opposed to because of them.

09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by enigma View Post
For all we know, Zee could be dead. Ever thought about that?

Does anyone actually know him/talk to him? Has anyone actually been successful in contacting him in the past 2 years?

The answer is NO, to all of those questions - otherwise something would have happened by now.

When I started a forum a few years ago, I was told quite a few times, its the members that make the community successful, not the admin the person who physically owns it.

Zee might own the forum, but he does not own us. We decide on what happens. If Zee wants to make a change, he can, rightfully. But there is no Zee. Get that in to your thick ****ing skulls.

This forum has gone downhill in the last 2 years. I've come close on many occasions to start my own community, far different and far better than this and all the other little copies that other members have created in the past.

I think it was last year, maybe the year before... when all this **** had kicked off before, I tried contacting Zee myself through the hosting provider, to buy the site. Would I try enquire again, or enquire to Zee if he showed up? Hell no.

None of you actually realise what is in front of you. All of you are arguing over the matter that "TalkFreelance" is great and deserves to not be ruined by Nick. But what you don't realise and understand is, this forum was ruined LONG AGO. More and more members every day that I am seeing, leave this forum behind in the dark hole it fell into when Zee ****ing baught it.

Stop whining and crying over a forum that has no ownership. If anyone today was to get this forum back on its feet, is someone that has the power to say this and that, and actually make it happen!

****ing wake up. Good bye.
Put yourself in Zee's shoes and then read over what you've just written. It's irrelevant whether he's visited the site or put little effort in for the last two years, it's his site and he can do what he want's. Just because it's gone down hill it doesn't give someone the rights to screw him over and basically delete his site.

Even though the forums at an all time a low people people still like to visit it, there is still the odd good post and let's not forget 4 - 5 years worth of good content still available.

I also forgot to mention, as VI said I've spoken with his secretary / phone operator and I'll hopefully get chance to speak with him in the morning. I assure you he is alive and well .

09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

what gets me is talkfreelance isnt a place to talk about freelancing its a place to talk about making money on the web, lol im a freelancer but none of tfl's content help's me other then the odd xhtml/css thread

09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
bradford is offline bradford
Software:

bradford is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to bradford Send a message via MSN to bradford

Old

Whats the big deal? No body on this forum owns this site. What if the hosting was just canceled out of nowhere and the forum was lost, what then? IMO it was a smart move. A bunch of moderators cant run a forum if there's no administrator around. This forum is bound to be lost in the next couple of months to a year when Zee keeps getting a web hosting bill when he obviously doesn't care about the forum in the first place.

09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Normo is offline Normo
Expertise:
Software:

Normo is on a distinguished road

Old

There's still potential if people want to help and zee co-operates.

09-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Old

Although we have lost some key members (Salathe being the main one) to this site. I do fear the worst for TF, although I still don't see WDP lasting any real amount of time once the link above gets removed.

09-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Those commenting on the value of the site & why he isn't bothered about the money:
To a man owns a business whose offices are in central London, the value & revenue of this place is mere pocket change.

09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
bradford is offline bradford
Software:

bradford is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to bradford Send a message via MSN to bradford

Old

Originally Posted by Normo View Post
There's still potential if people want to help and zee co-operates.
Who are you? How can you help him if he doesn't even know you exist?

09-24-2009, 06:44 PM

Old

Read the thread, we are getting in contact with him.

09-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Normo is offline Normo
Expertise:
Software:

Normo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by bradford View Post
Who are you? How can you help him if he doesn't even know you exist?
Cantact him obviously which is what we are doing!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >