Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1463 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

*URGENT* Warning to Everyone (Scammer)

Thread title: *URGENT* Warning to Everyone (Scammer)
Closed Thread    
04-04-2007, 05:29 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  *URGENT* Warning to Everyone (Scammer)

Hello TalkFreeLance,

I am here to inform you that there is a scammer on these forums. I personally would like to look out for TFL's good interest and reputation by banning these scammers and getting them off this community.

The Scenario:

Smackheadshow, posted a very good deal for hosting. Me and many others checked out this thread. It was a deal, we couldn't resist. The overwhelming boom of proxies and the many benefits of owning a proxy was amazing. So me and many others, bought hosting from this guy. Everything was fine for maybe 2-5 days, then everything started to plummet. The server started to drop, then random accounts began to start getting suspended. Then he made a post saying, that there are too many proxies on the server, and that they would be kicking some of the newer proxies off, as seen here. I got worried, and I immediately contacted him to see if my proxy was going to get kicked off, he said maybe. Then, when I asked for my money back, he then said I am going to let a few proxies stay and that mine is one of them, (he also said this to many others). Then my accounts got suspended again, I couldn't take this so I asked for my money back. Then he made up this story about how paul and todd screwed him over, and changed all the passwords so he couldnt get back into WHM. I didnt know who to beleive, then he gave me paul's contact information. I talked to paul he seemed to be a nice guy, and he refunded me. I had 2 servers, in which 1 server's cost was paid directly to smackheadshow and the other to Paul. Paul refunded me the amount, I paid him but smackheadshow refused to. This is what let me to this thread, I have waiting 2 weeks for my refund, and I am pretty sure other members have to.

Below I have a lot of proof of how this guy deals with people, and how he constantly tries to scam people.

If you do not believe me, check out these threads:
Highlights:

• Then it was sent to services@host-addiction.com also the tos said if you account is supeneed you do not get your refund so if paul has done that , then dont speak to me because I DON'T WORK THERE SO YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME.
    He claims that when I sent him my money it was transfered to Paul's account, but he has no proof.

• Ok, Paul supened your account, so no-refund, to which you agreed on upon purchasing the packages.
    and its not a scam, like i said i would of allowed it - if it wasnt for paul.
    This was a new rule, that was applied after my plan was bought.

• You were subject to suspension due to you not removing your proxies of which i have been told, therefore in the TOS ( been there since it opened ) you are NOT intitled to a refund.
    Another rule added after my plan was bought.

• Show me a screenshot, proving to me you sent the money to paul. If you can prove so, than paul should refund me, until then you owe me money.
    This is me asking for a screenshot, and he refuses to show any evidence.

• Despite what you say, PayPal will force you to give a refund based on the situation. You offered a 30 day money back guarantee, therefore a refund can be requested within 30 days, you can't go against that.
    Posted by Gareth, but is 100% correct. Both my accounts were within the criteria.

• I contacted the "partner" and he refunded all of my money.
    Posted by Foxtrot, he refunded my money to, but smackheadshow doesnt feel he has the obligation to refund me.
All those were taken from the threads, I posted above.

04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
smackheadshow is offline smackheadshow
Expertise:
Software:

smackheadshow is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to smackheadshow

Old

Only a couple of problems

1) Paul addmitted that he will refund eveyone which he did
2) pauld fired me
3) paul robbed my last $60
4) i will give you your $6.40 when i get my $60 back of paul i have told you this so many times
5) if you look your the only one who thinks they have been scammed, eveyone else got there money back off paul
6) grow up, you really think ill stay here if i scammed eveyone.

04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by smackheadshow View Post
Only a couple of problems

1) Paul addmitted that he will refund eveyone which he did
2) pauld fired me
3) paul robbed my last $60
4) i will give you your $6.40 when i get my $60 back of paul i have told you this so many times
5) if you look your the only one who thinks they have been scammed, eveyone else got there money back off paul
6) grow up, you really think ill stay here if i scammed eveyone.
1. Paul didnt admit anything, he refunded the people that paid him. I paid you because, you said you would transfer the money to him, which you never did.
2. Even if he fired you, doesn't make that a way out to keep other peoples money.
3. No proof of that.
4. Do you seriously, think I would trust you.
5. Not everyone got their money back.
6. Your cold hearted, you can careless what others think. All you care about is your money, don't care how you get it or where from.

04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Its true. It all started when I saw this site, and inquired. Luckily to know he was too pushy for me and I didn't buy. He would do anything to sell. I told him how I had an extra vb license and he told me he wanted to partner up with me on a project. I agreed and set up the vb forums. After I made him a administrator, he started complaining on how he wanted full admin access to add a style to my board. I said "You have full access" well..Thats not what he wanted, he wanted FTP. Why would he need FTP to my vBulletin license. At that point I figured that he was a scammer, and he told me that "Well I am not helping you without full admin" again I reassured him he had full admin, just not FTP. I didn't really care for the project too much but he was just a bad experience. He previously had stated he had made $160 in hosting slaes. When it came to purchasing the domain for our project, he only had $5. Now, I asked how it wen't from $160 to $5. He told me he didn't want to spend business money, and wanted to save it up. Later we all found out he was a scammer and really didn't have ANY access to that money.

Anyway this is just my $0.02...
Nick

04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I stepped away from my computer for 5 mins, and then he unblocked me from MSN and spammed me with this, and he then blocked me.

James says:
nice job
James says:
as im banned for one month
James says:
that just puts another month you will have to wait until you recive your refund
James says:
and its taken so long is because i am waiting for paypal ! i guess want me to prove that aswell seen as you obsesed with me

Complaint Non-receipt HostAddiction.com 37B49297AB659325N 24 Mar. 2007 -£37.73 GBP 26 Mar. 2007 Reviewing Case
James says:
bye
James says:

04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Zas is offline Zas
Expertise: Photography
Software: Photoshop

Zas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Zas Send a message via MSN to Zas Send a message via Yahoo to Zas Send a message via Skype™ to Zas

Old

Yea I had problems with him as well when he deleted three of my accounts that I had with him off his servers for violating there updated TOS. I filed Paypal disputes for all three of them and got my money back though.

04-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

He's not a member of our community now guys. Sorry you got ripped off by an unscrupulous dealer like this.

04-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Gloria is offline Gloria
Software:

Gloria is on a distinguished road

Old

Just checked this threads and hosting company and it is sad that after they robbed people they gonna to sell domainname ( http://www.host-addiction.com/ ) to someone else, then probably buy other domainname and go for next victims.
Anyway thanks for this thread and let us know about it.

04-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

That's pretty sad. Hopefully you'll guys find a better provider.

Closed Thread