Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1557 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

So Spencer, What'd ya do?

Thread title: So Spencer, What'd ya do?
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
12-05-2009, 12:54 AM
smacklan is offline smacklan
Expertise: Design, Business
Software: Everything

smacklan is on a distinguished road

Old

You know what's sad? Its gotten to the point where I only come here for the occasional drama and entertainment and even that is mundane at best. It really is a shame when a thriving community dies a slow death. Ah well, guess I'll head off before someone tells me to do so. I've removed my bookmark to this place. For me, that's my own personal final step to leaving a community. Good luck keeping this place going with gems like "****"

12-05-2009, 02:44 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
It really is a shame when a thriving community dies a slow death. Ah well, guess I'll head off before someone tells me to do so. I've removed my bookmark to this place. For me, that's my own personal final step to leaving a community. Good luck keeping this place going with gems like "****"
I'm right behind you... It's been fun, entertaining, and I loved doing what I could to help around here, and I hope the board improves. Maybe if Peter gets my staff spot, it will? /end sarcasm Nah, but I think the best thing to do now, is to take some time away from here, and just find other things to keep me busy. So everyone knows, I've removed all list subscriptions, turned off Private Messaging, and turned off everything else; including notifications. If you want to get ahold of me for some reason, you can send me an email through here, or get me on Instant Messenger. It's been fun! I'm out...

12-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
I'm right behind you... It's been fun, entertaining, and I loved doing what I could to help around here, and I hope the board improves. Maybe if Peter gets my staff spot, it will? /end sarcasm Nah, but I think the best thing to do now, is to take some time away from here, and just find other things to keep me busy. So everyone knows, I've removed all list subscriptions, turned off Private Messaging, and turned off everything else; including notifications. If you want to get ahold of me for some reason, you can send me an email through here, or get me on Instant Messenger. It's been fun! I'm out...
You will be missed mate! <- thats totally homemade beer. :P

12-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You will be missed mate! <- thats totally homemade beer. :P
I'm a little hurt inside

12-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

While sober, I'll say these things so that there's no excuse or reason to infraction me or delete my post/ edit it to your liking or whatever.
Staff won't edit posts unless they break the rules, you know that. If you believe otherwise then you're clearly mistaken and if you think it was OK for you to do it then that would've been just another thing to teach you about. I hope you just wrote that for dramatic effect and don't actually believe we would edit a post "to [our] liking or whatever".

Don't forget to mention, that the insubordination was going on at the time, because I was pissed off at the fact that Peter Avery gets away with alot of crap on the board, while others get punished for the same things.
The "crap" that Peter gets away with is nothing in comparison to what you did. You're comparing apples to oranges... no, to zebras. Please stop harking on that as the reason for doing the things that you did. If that truly is the reason, then quite frankly you were wrong to equate your two's actions.

To un-ban someone that most elders thought was a scammer, to give his old account back to him, to change his name to "****", and let him run around the board swearing at staff and others. Calling Big Zee a dick in public, only to get the post edited. Should have been given many infractions or a ban, but most infractions weren't given to him for purposely doing wrong. He even asked to be banned, or removed, and wasn't! Yet continued to run around here stirring up crap.
Peter was punished for the things which broke the rules. If you saw anything at all which didn't align with that, you were on staff to make such errors known to us (even regular members have the "report" button to use!). Not once did I see a "Peter has done this, so I gave him an infraction" come from you—if he's such a naughty little boy as you say, why didn't you? You were on staff to moderate, Peter included. As much as he likes to be annoying, he doesn't often break the rules and seems to know very well where the line is drawn. Unlike yourself. P.S. He called Zee more than a dick in public.

Hence saying for the admin to get their dick out of Peter's ass, and asked if they were part of the same swinger party or not...
And now we all start to see a little of why you are no longer on staff.

Yes, I had my reasons for the being pissed off, and the insubordination. But, I should have gone about sharing my opinions and so forth, in a better way. I was gold, still am gold, always will be gold... They just chose to send me off to "Cash4Gold"... They're loss in the long run though.
Absolutely, not having you around is a loss but one we're prepared to put up with because of the gains in not having you. If there was any chance that you could regain our trust, you'd be back on staff in a heartbeat. But it would be a lot of work to gain that and by recent posts, you don't seem willing.

But let's allow Peter to do this, even though he's not on staff at all... But aren't we allowing things to spill into public now though? And no, I shouldn't be silenced by deleting / editing my posts, yet have yours there for all to see. I have right to speak my mind about it, just as much as you do. I had requested for this to be closed off originally, but someone had to open it for something like this to happen. Ah well.
I'm not sure who you think will be deleting your posts? Me? Open, civil, discussion is perfectly fine. You know that. Also, we don't close threads just because someone asks. Again, you know that. There is no harm having this thread open, and if there comes such a time as the posts in here become an issue then perhaps we will reconsider. That's just a part of moderating discussions which I figured you'd already know by now.

I know, I know, staff is supposed to hold a level of professionalism... Bottom-line is, I was pissed off about that issue, and should have just spoken it while sober and simmered down... Well, like I'm doing now! LOL!
Absolutely and it's a shame you didn't.

12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Back, I just needed to cool off a little bit. I know, I know, I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone.

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Staff won't edit posts unless they break the rules, you know that. If you believe otherwise then you're clearly mistaken and if you think it was OK for you to do it then that would've been just another thing to teach you about. I hope you just wrote that for dramatic effect and don't actually believe we would edit a post "to [our] liking or whatever".

I know they wouldn't be edited or whatever, it was sarcasm. Nothing to be taught.

The "crap" that Peter gets away with is nothing in comparison to what you did. You're comparing apples to oranges... no, to zebras. Please stop harking on that as the reason for doing the things that you did. If that truly is the reason, then quite frankly you were wrong to equate your two's actions.
Peter was punished for the things which broke the rules. If you saw anything at all which didn't align with that, you were on staff to make such errors known to us (even regular members have the "report" button to use!). Not once did I see a "Peter has done this, so I gave him an infraction" come from you—if he's such a naughty little boy as you say, why didn't you?
As much as he likes to be annoying, he doesn't often break the rules and seems to know very well where the line is drawn. Unlike yourself. P.S. He called Zee more than a dick in public.

Perhaps I'm confused, but, him calling Big Zee a dick (or worse) in public view, is not as bad as me throwing some harsh sarcasm your way? He out right called the Owner names or worse, in the public eye... I just threw some sarcasm with analogy your way, regarding how I saw him being handled/dealt with. Regarding moderating him, I had given him an infraction before. But I wasn't sure what all to do with him per se, because at the time, you seemed to be handling him. And I heard you don't like the stuff you're handling, to be messed with. So I backed off, but maybe I shouldn't have.

Absolutely, not having you around is a loss but one we're prepared to put up with because of the gains in not having you. If there was any chance that you could regain our trust, you'd be back on staff in a heartbeat. But it would be a lot of work to gain that and by recent posts, you don't seem willing.

Regain trust? I don't think trust is the issue here though, it's merely my ranting off at you in the wrong way. I didn't attempt to hack the board, or whatever. And just because I'm openly stating my side of the story, in my own words, doesn't mean that I'm not sincere and not willing to regain anything to be back on staff. It's the fact that I verbalized my thoughts and feelings, in a pissed off manner.

I'm not sure who you think will be deleting your posts? Me? Open, civil, discussion is perfectly fine. You know that. Also, we don't close threads just because someone asks. Again, you know that. There is no harm having this thread open, and if there comes such a time as the posts in here become an issue then perhaps we will reconsider. That's just a part of moderating discussions which I figured you'd already know by now.

The deleting of threads remark, was sarcasm again, that's all. But there were posts closed and etc before though. And even some by request. I don't need taught anything though, thanks. LOL!

Absolutely and it's a shame you didn't.
I know. I think after this, I'm done stating anything on the matter though. Everyone knows how much I like TF and want to improve it and etc, and I still feel that way about this place. Sometimes I just need to cool down first, before expressing my concerns, thoughts, and feelings. My apologizes to everyone again.

12-07-2009, 02:44 AM
smacklan is offline smacklan
Expertise: Design, Business
Software: Everything

smacklan is on a distinguished road

Old

Spencer, why waste the time? This place is dead and has been for a long time. Soon it will be sold to someone whose only use for it will be to try and raise advertising revenue from it and will eventually be filled with spam or no traffic at all. It isn't worth the effort to argue with people who would let someone change their username to "****" and still have the audacity to claim they are trying to "turn this place around"...it's beyond a joke.

12-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
It isn't worth the effort to argue with people who would let someone change their username to "****" and still have the audacity to claim they are trying to "turn this place around"...it's beyond a joke.
Seconded.

Since when did the curse filter get removed?

**** assraming cock ****er <- okay it's still there, just not working very well.

Ooo... maybe I can change my name to the above phrase?

12-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Seconded.

Since when did the curse filter get removed?

**** assraming cock ****er <- okay it's still there, just not working very well.

Ooo... maybe I can change my name to the above phrase?
We removed most of it some time ago, theres only a few words we actually block. We made the rules more lenient, I would hope that we aren't shown that it was a mistake to do so....

We let peter change his name because we had little cause not to. If he wanted to be a child, who are we to tell him not to be. If anyone is genuinely offended, feel free to tell us and we may do something about it. But for the time being he is doing no one harm so we see no reason to restrict it.

12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
We let peter change his name because we had little cause not to. If he wanted to be a child, who are we to tell him not to be. If anyone is genuinely offended, feel free to tell us and we may do something about it. But for the time being he is doing no one harm so we see no reason to restrict it.
well i will tell you who you are to tell him not to be.......an admin of this site, someone to set an example and set rules.

i reported the name a few days ago and nothing was done about it!

I think the fact that a admin let him change his name to that just shows the maturity and professionalism or lack of that has emerged from the tf staff.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >