Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2093 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

XP Powertoys

Thread title: XP Powertoys
Closed Thread    
11-27-2005, 03:31 PM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old  XP Powertoys

If you're running XP and you haven't seen these already you should have a look at the XP Powertoys. They're useful and occasionally fun utilities Microsoft put out for more advanced windows users. There's the essential Tweak UI, a graphing calculator, an advanced alt-tab screen (that shows a preview of the window you're alt-tabbing to - this is apparently a standard feature of Vista), tools for managing RAW files and lots of other cool stuff like that. It's well worth a look.

11-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Marky is offline Marky
Expertise:
Software:

Marky is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
If you're running XP and you haven't seen these already you should have a look at the XP Powertoys. They're useful and occasionally fun utilities Microsoft put out for more advanced windows users. There's the essential Tweak UI, a graphing calculator, an advanced alt-tab screen (that shows a preview of the window you're alt-tabbing to - this is apparently a standard feature of Vista), tools for managing RAW files and lots of other cool stuff like that. It's well worth a look.
Very cool tools on there
Just tried the 'Alt-Tab' thing, but since Im using programs such as 'Windowblinds', it kinda looks messed :P

11-27-2005, 03:41 PM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

Old

windowsblinds messes things up in general I find. A much better idea is to just get a patched uxtheme.dll file and use visual styles.

11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Cheyne is offline Cheyne
Software:

Cheyne is on a distinguished road

Old

I remember seeing these somewhere a while ago and thought about installing some of them. Well, that never happened as i forgot all about them. I'll install some now

thanks

11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Marky is offline Marky
Expertise:
Software:

Marky is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
windowsblinds messes things up in general I find. A much better idea is to just get a patched uxtheme.dll file and use visual styles.
Do you have somewhere where there are some cool 'visual styles' around?
Because I love my current skin on windowblinds, but hate the annoying ad every time I turn the PC on :P

11-28-2005, 04:22 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well (assuming you're running XP SP2) you first need to download this and follow the instructions in the readme.txt file.
Then you can go to www.studiotwentyeight.com for some really great visual styles including mac and vista ones.
Once you've found the style you like, download it, extract the zip file to c:\windows\resources\themes then go to the display properties window, click on 'Appearence', and in the 'windows and buttons' dropdown menu, select the style you chose. or, if it doesn't show up in there, find the .msstyles file and double-click on that.

Closed Thread