Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1703 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Possible ripper...?

Thread title: Possible ripper...?
Closed Thread    
04-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Zebedi is offline Zebedi
Expertise:
Software:

Zebedi is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zebedi

Old

bwb... Word of advice. Listen to the community and stop thinking you know everything?.. Please?

04-21-2007, 06:01 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

bwb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Zebedi View Post
bwb... Word of advice. Listen to the community and stop thinking you know everything?.. Please?
No offense guys but your community is dead wrong, go read sitepoint's legal advice for web developers or copy right laws. You guys are wrong, when a template is sold as a product the rights belong to the buyer. If I hired him as an independent contractor and had him conduct work for hire that is when rights stay with him. You guys need to read the laws, you can't just keep repeating what you say and expect that to matter. I've explained why in this case the template is owned by us and how the laws work, its up to you to learn something from that.

04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by bwb View Post
No offense guys but your community is dead wrong, go read sitepoint's legal advice for web developers or copy right laws. You guys are wrong, when a template is sold as a product the rights belong to the buyer. If I hired him as an independent contractor and had him conduct work for hire that is when rights stay with him. You guys need to read the laws, you can't just keep repeating what you say and expect that to matter. I've explained why in this case the template is owned by us and how the laws work, its up to you to learn something from that.
Your relating web developing to contractor, which are complete 360's of each other.

When a template is sold, the creator of the template, or the person who is first selling the template, has to mention what the template comes with.

Resale Rights: Are the rights you get to re-sell the design for whatever price you desire.
Full Rights: Are the rights you normally get with the design, which are your rights to ownership and to reuse the design as you please.

Just because, you bought the design doesn't mean you bought it with Resale rights.

04-21-2007, 06:11 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
Just because, you bought the design doesn't mean you bought it with Resale rights.
Actually it does, when you buy a design that includes full rights if you buy it as a product. That is what you guys can't seem to realize.

04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Actually it does, when you buy a design that includes full rights if you buy it as a product. That is what you guys can't seem to realize.
No, no, no...

Your relating web developing to tangible goods, which is absolutely wrong.

04-21-2007, 06:35 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by .amaZe View Post
Your relating web developing to tangible goods, which is absolutely wrong.
Legally if sold as a product it is, you are mistaking the work to hire classification.

04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Legally if sold as a product it is, you are mistaking the work to hire classification.
No.

If your design was bought using a contract or having some kind of receipt showing that you purchased the design with resale/full rights, then you can sale "legally as sold as a product".

Unlike tangible goods, when bought a receipt is giving which then serves the purpose as your legal document.

Closed Thread