Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1065 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Do you have Firebug?

Thread title: Do you have Firebug?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I don't use this extension because I use Web Developer extension instead. They are very similar but there are some options that are specific. I don't see why you should need them both.

06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

No they are not similar, Web Developer gives you useful tools like rule, screen resize etc. when firebug is 100% code tool. Anyway, imo they are different tools.

06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
whateverdood is offline whateverdood
Expertise: tech god
Software:

whateverdood is on a distinguished road

Old

Installed it one time, ... didnt play around with it long enough to appreciate it. As sometimes I have the attention span of a fruitfly. But have always heard good thangs about it.

As for firefox itself ...

1. IE, micro$oft and all of Micro$ucks products ... generally come up lacking. ( couldnt resist the urge to bash on them, its a compulsion I cant always control. ) Ironic since the comp Im on is running a windows OS. sighs.

2. All the in the know tech people ( myself included ) use firefox. edit: And despise microsoft. ( also couldnt resist the urge to promote FF a lil bit, lol. ) There must be a reason for that.

UP WITH FIREFOX !!! .... SEND M$N and IE, to the deepest darkest circle of hades !!!

06-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Originally Posted by whateverdood View Post
Installed it one time, ... didnt play around with it long enough to appreciate it. As sometimes I have the attention span of a fruitfly. But have always heard good thangs about it.

As for firefox itself ...

1. IE, micro$oft and all of Micro$ucks products ... generally come up lacking. ( couldnt resist the urge to bash on them, its a compulsion I cant always control. ) Ironic since the comp Im on is running a windows OS. sighs.

2. All the in the know tech people ( myself included ) use firefox. ( also couldnt resist the urge to promote FF a lil bit, lol. ) There must be a reason for that.

UP WITH FIREFOX !!! .... SEND M$N and IE, to the deepest darkest circle of hades !!!

Way to go off topic and troll your ass off while you are at it.

What the hell did MSN do to you? Also using the $ sign for MS really?

Back on topic.

I love firebug and I wish it was on chrome as I'm not used to the Web Developer Tools(even though they are quite full featured). Firefox has been a memory hog lately they need to work on stability and speed. Hopefully version 4.0 is going to be good.

06-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Software:

Old

lol, ... more like worked in a sideline to the main topic.

Not going to really bother explaining what Micro$oft has done, is continuing to do. Micro$ucks easily spends several 100 million a year, suppressing better/free opensource competitors ... esp linux.

The US govt alone, could save an est 9 billion a yr by migrating to opensource. Im sure its actually more than that. But you probably dont realize, that 9,000 million dollars. Could be better spent actually improving the quality of life for people. Than going into software corps bank accts. ( Microsoft being one of the biggies.)

Many people have literally died ( will die ) ... due to M$N's greed, so the dollar sign is highly appropriate.

Kids went to bed hungry, people got evicted from their houses, lost their jobs. Old people froze 2 death in the winter. Cause they had to make a choice between buying their medications, or paying the heating bill.

inferior product = 9 billion ( 90 billion in 10yrs ) / better product = Free

Hmmm ... I can see where that would be a hard decision for officials to make, lol. But then again, ... you can be sure M$ gives out plenty of campaign contributions a yr too.

edit: Also their $oftware suks, requiring constant updates ... sec patches ( not by accident.) Is invasive ... collects data about you. Costs alot and are system resource hogs from hell, lol.

Freaking Vista for example advises roughly 1 gig of RAM, just for the f'ing OS. LOL, other than these and a few 1000 other things. The folks at micro$oft are great people.

update: Not to be overly harsh ... but you asked.

OT: Download it and give it try, what's the worst that could happen ? ... its FREE.

07-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Software:

Old

Boo !!! Just wanted to get this back in the top results. Cause its semi important. Firebug ? Heard good thangs about it, lol.

07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Fez is offline Fez

Old

Alright, let's get something straight.

MSN = Microsoft Network

MSN used to be an ISP as well. These days howver MSN is a network of different web sites and services provided by Microsoft. These services include Messenger, Hotmail, Sky Drive etc. To use these services you need 1 (ONE) Windows Live ID (used to be called "passport").

These services being offered are FREE and are being used by MAJORITY of the population for FREE. They however, do offer a paid version of Hotmail, but it isn't compulsory and it only removes ads and adds some storage.

There are more than 500 million active Windows Live IDs worldwide.

Worldwide, Messenger alone has 9 percent of total Internet minutes, compared to Facebook with 7.4 percent. (Source: comScore WW February 2010).

Not going to really bother explaining what Micro$oft has done, is continuing to do. Micro$ucks easily spends several 100 million a year, suppressing better/free opensource competitors ... esp linux.
Stupid troll. A company's marketing expenditure doesn't equal suppressing it's competitors. Microsoft has had enough pressure from FCC and EU and other moderating bodies to ensure that it doesn't take any anticompetitive actions.

As far as the OSs are concerned. Microsoft has worked to provide an out of the box experience for most users to be able to install their operating system smoothly and get it up and running. The devices that their OS is being installed on aren't under their control (unlike apple).

Agreed that vista was laggy and unresponsive and slow during it's early stages but it has been COMPLETELY smoothed out by Service Pack 2. (Service packs are Free)(Service pack 1 was good nuff).

Windows 7 recently passed the 150 million licenses SOLD mark. No one forced these people to purchase their products. In fact, let's look at some percentages:

Windows has 88.3% recorded market share. Let's make it 80%... just like that rounded down.
Linux has 4.6% recorded market share. Let's make that 10%...rounded up.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Right. So you are saying that 80% of the population is being forced/tricked into purchasing an inferior product where a superior product is available for free.

What are you smoking?

The US govt alone, could save an est 9 billion a yr by migrating to opensource. Im sure its actually more than that. But you probably dont realize, that 9,000 million dollars. Could be better spent actually improving the quality of life for people. Than going into software corps bank accts. ( Microsoft being one of the biggies.)
Go easy on the crack there dude seriously....Your bullshit conspiracy theories aren't going to work here.

The corporate solutions that Microsoft provides have had other "paid alternatives" for years. The market is free for any competitor to take.

Actually I don't know the source of your estimate (your ass maybe?) so I cannot comment on what sort of government expenditure is being talked about here. But seriously go back to your hole troll.

I've used (Ubuntu & Fedora) it is great the type of progress these products have had and I am happy for them. I don't see them competing with Windows. The amount of R&D that goes into every release. I'm sure linux would be great too if it had the kind of (monetary) backing Windows currently has. But that's business.

oh and:

Also their $oftware suks, requiring constant updates ... sec patches ( not by accident.) Is invasive ... collects data about you. Costs alot and are system resource hogs from hell, lol.
That is the stupidest thing I've read in my entire life. You are bragging about Linux so much i'm surprised you even brought this up. Most Linux distros have bug trackers and SVN setup to work on the OS. Updates are released nightly even.
Updating the software and dealing with bugs is how many products evolve.

As for your invasiveness and collecting data. Prove IT!

Freaking Vista for example advises roughly 1 gig of RAM, just for the f'ing OS. LOL, other than these and a few 1000 other things. The folks at micro$oft are great people.
1 Gigabyte of ram is not for the OS alone. I have a vista machine right here running on 1 gigabyte of DDR2 Ram clocked at 833MHZ. P4 3.6ghz. It runs fine. I have Office 2010 installed on it, no problems.

Not to be harsh....but you trolled.

07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Software:

Old

Oh FJ, thy wound me deeply, lol. But thee and the weird squirrel below thee. Also amuse me greatly.

07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Fez is offline Fez

Old

Originally Posted by whateverdood View Post
FJ your ignorance of the world we live in. Is your problem, not mine. People like you are annoying, but outside of that ... meaningless.

You will never have 1/2 of my IQ. You will never insult a person like me face 2 face. Without getting smacked around. Cause in addition to knowing more about reality, than you ever will. Im also physically tougher and more formidable than you, lol. You disagree with some of my opinions ... that is grand. Sure you didnt bother fact checking anything. People like yourself never do.

Contents of that post were aimed at open minded people. Not a lame baby soft person of your calibre. Anyway, have a dandy of a dy.

fine regards,

whateverdood, lol.
I'm sorry man, your arguments totally just won me over. I'm scared really :| you are both TOUGHER and MORE FORMIDABLE? IM SHAKING :| Please don't hurt me please.

Sure you didnt bother fact checking anything. People like yourself never do.
Please read the post above with proper citations and sources .

Good day Mr Tough and Formidable Troll.

07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Fez, stop feeding the troll.

ps. Whateverdood, I have a photo gallery on my profile you might want to see before trying to internet-intimidate me

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >