Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1327 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

45Pixels.com - Articles, interviews, tutorials, and more (all updates posted in here)

Thread title: 45Pixels.com - Articles, interviews, tutorials, and more (all updates posted in here)
08-05-2011, 12:25 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  45Pixels.com - Articles, interviews, tutorials, and more (all updates posted in here)

What is 45pixels?
45Pixels.com is a blog focused around Web Design, Web Development, and Web Mastering. Basically, we're a blog for everything Web related. We currently offer articles, tutorials, inspiration, interviews, resources, and more. Be sure to check us out.

If you find an article you like, or have a comment on, I would really appreciate it if you posted on 45pixels rather then this thread.

45pixels.com

08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Create and sell a tutorial blog for $400-600 in 1 month

It doesn’t take much experience to run a Photoshop tutorial blog these days, and the pay out is not bad either. All it takes is some average Photoshop skills, web hosting, and a domain name. Tutorial blogs have always been my source for quick and easy money. In fact, the past 5 years I have ran and sold, a total of 6 tutorial blogs. I sold each blog after only 1-2 months of opening, leaving me with $400-600 a piece. Each blog cost nearly no money to start, was easy to manage, and sold no problem. Today I will be explaining how you can start and sell your very first tutorial blog.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Disappearing/Reappearing text form value on click/blank

This first snippet of code is being used on 45pixels right now. Take a look at the search box. See how the search text disappears when clicked and reappears when you click away? That’s what this snippet achieves. Alright, first lets take a look at at the code for a normal text box.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Web Design Typography

Typography is arguable the most important factor in design. Think about it, your eyes are immediately attracted to the readable text on the page. If you’re just using one font and off proportionate sizes on you designs then something is seriously wrong. Below I’ve put together five typography font sets you can use for your designs.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:46 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

An Interview with Solidus

Hey everybody, today I had a chance to interview Solidus, the owner and founder of GFXForums.net. GFX Forums is a popular graphic design forum and blog. They continue to grow and expand in a time where most forums are failing. Before we get started I’d like to take a minute to thank Solidus for taking the time to do an interview with a small blog like us. I really appreciate it. All right, let’s get started.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Top 10 Free Web Design Fonts

Lets be honest, there are thousands of free fonts available on the web. This makes it rather hard to find the good ones. Custom fonts can completely revamp you web designs, and they’re now easier then ever to use. I recommend using font face or cufon. Below are my favorite 10 custom fonts for web design. Simply click the images to be brought to the download page. Lets get started.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Selling your first web design

Did you know you could make money selling your websites designs? Well I didn’t at first. I first started design websites at the age of 14, back in 2004. Back then I was designing just for the love of it and I have been hooked ever since. I had no idea that people were making money, on there own, selling designs. I always figured that you had to work for a big web design firm to do so. 2006 was the year I figured it out, and sold my first web design not to long after. In today’s article I will be explaining how you can enter the world of freelance web design too.

Continue Reading.

08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Simplistic Blog Theme Tutorial

Today I’m going to teach you how to create a simplistic, light and Blue WordPress blog theme. I’m hoping you guys will learn a little bit of everything through this tutorial. This theme focuses on using the typography, blending options, spacing, and color theory. If you get lost or have questions on anything, be sure to post a comment and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Lets get started.

Continue Reading.

08-10-2011, 12:26 AM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

An interview with web developer Mat Harvard

Hey everybody, today I got to interview Mat Harvard, a web developer and one of my oldest friends. Mat Harvard has been in the game for some time now and has taught me a lot over the years. Before we get started, I’d like to say thanks to Mat for taking the time to do an interview with 45pixels.

Continue Reading.