Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1556 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Never Gonna Give You Up

Thread title: Never Gonna Give You Up
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
To remove them would be to cause damages (financial loss) and therefore illegal.
So would leaving this site unadmined.

04-10-2009, 08:04 PM
solutions80 is offline solutions80
Software:

solutions80 is on a distinguished road

Old

Does someone know Big Zee's email or Contact number? Give him a call FFS.

I know it's illegal and all - but there are laws against unattended property as well.

If Zee fails to respond despite of being contacted repeatedly in relation to this issue. And the community (with the agreed vote of most of it's members) agrees to let Salathe take over the forum - HE CAN!

I, for one, vote for Salathe.

P.S Salathe - If you ever happen to create a new board - hit me up and I'll be the first to signup. Vb design comes complimentary

04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
solutions80 is offline solutions80
Software:

solutions80 is on a distinguished road

Old

Not to forget - the forum is a UGC and doesn't state anywhere that anything posted in here becomes the property of the forum owner. So practically - Zee doesn't own the whole thing. He may own the domain/server, VB and the design. But the members own the content.

Also, Salathe has been putting in "Work hours" on the forum. I know - I run several boards. And it can be a pain the a** to manage these. I do them because I earn from them - if Salathe you don't have any remuneration. I suggest you leave and Blossom on your own!!

04-10-2009, 08:09 PM
AndyR is offline AndyR
Expertise:
Software:

AndyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyR

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
I for Illegal. Ethical or not, this is Zee's website and he is entitled to his ads. To remove them would be to cause damages (financial loss) and therefore illegal.
I'm pretty sure there aren't any laws on this certain circumstance.

And anyway, It would get zee's attention

04-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
I'm pretty sure there aren't any laws on this certain circumstance.

And anyway, It would get zee's attention
The law doesn't cover every circumstance; it doesn't have to. While there is no law saying that an administrator can not remove advertisements on someone else's site, the laws covering damages would easily apply to it.

Originally Posted by Sam Granger View Post
So would leaving this site unadmined.
Taking down ads and not doing something you have no obligation to do are completely separate matters.

Originally Posted by solutions80 View Post
I know it's illegal and all - but there are laws against unattended property as well.

If Zee fails to respond despite of being contacted repeatedly in relation to this issue. And the community (with the agreed vote of most of it's members) agrees to let Salathe take over the forum - HE CAN!
No, this is the property of Zee regardless of if he posts here or not. He keeps the hosting bills paid, he keeps getting the money from ads. There is absolutely no legal basis to claim that anyone else ownes the site. If Zee dies, whoever his heir is would receive this.

04-10-2009, 11:42 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm attempting to get hold of Zee for you.

04-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Robson View Post
I'm attempting to get hold of Zee for you.
I never though Id say this, but you are a good man.

04-11-2009, 04:56 AM
SteveB is offline SteveB
Software:

SteveB is on a distinguished road

Old

If there is this much of a dispute over the owners absence it's actually time to "give it up".

Start over start fresh new set of rules and regulations. Salathe you have a great amount of respect from all the members here. If you build it we will come.

04-11-2009, 05:08 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I agree with CP-Steve...Everyone knows Salathe is doing a wonderful job as admin, and I'm sure most will support it, if HE actually becomes the full time owner / admin around here, or any where for that matter.

The only thing is, most can't give up on Talkfreelance.com though, and trying to start new and fresh some where else is too much work. I guess the only thing to do right now, is to wait and see if Big Zee comes back around, offers to sell it or what-not ... Or, tally a vote from everyone about starting new and fresh else where... And actually going through with it.

You can always start a new board of course, and promote it. People will go if they're willing and wanting it. And yet, still have Talkfreelance.com here as well. But like I said above, nothing really can last forever though. Things can be taken within a matter of minutes, so keep that thought in mind.

However, most could also say... "Well, who cares if we lost Talkfreelance.com, I can make money else where and blah blah". Sure, but you'd miss it if it was just up and deleted.

04-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Sam Granger View Post
it makes me pretty sad, are you guys getting paid to work for talkfreelance? I think all that Big Zee cares about is his adsense checks. Put your own up untill he notices. You guys deserve most of the cash, you're doing free work and he isn't in contact. That can't last forever, he needs to recognise the fact and either sell it, give it to one of the admins or simply be more active.
None of the staff group are getting paid by Zee for their roles here. As for replacing the Adsense with my/our own, what a stupid (I'll be blunt) suggestion. As VI stated, removing Zee's revenue stream would likely end up in court with Zee asking for his damages/loss of earnings. Legal issues aside, it would be completely unethical for a volunteer staff member to switch out advertising while the owner isn't looking.

The comment about leaving the site non-administrated isn't an issue; there's always some sucker who'll volunteer to look after the place if the owner goes AWOL. For here, that sucker was me.

With regards to the comments about leaving and making my own forum: don't be silly. There's only one TalkFreelance.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >