Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1079 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Possible ripper...?

Thread title: Possible ripper...?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
.amaZe is offline .amaZe
Expertise:
Software:

.amaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Possible ripper...?

I searched, and I couldn't find the thread. But I remember a user on this forum was selling this template, but its available for free here.

I remembered seeing it for a quite a deal of money also, he claimed it was unique?

Sorry if this might be a mistake..

04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Christian is offline Christian
Software:

Christian is on a distinguished road

Old

I believe that Encore Sold the design to them, Encore designed it and sold it, it was almost a year ago when he first designed it so I believe that he or whoever he sold it to sold it to the free template place, I could be wrong tho.

Christian

04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
BUrgy is offline BUrgy
Expertise:
Software:

BUrgy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BUrgy Send a message via MSN to BUrgy

Old

Ya I remember that temp being sold at CT to.

EDIT: I just talked to him, and he said he sold to owner of the site, but they are re-distributing it illegally because he did not sell them full rights.

04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

He sold it to me and I was supposed to use it for GloomB. After I realized that I didn't want to run a hosting company, I sold it to someone else.

Damn it! I don't remember who...

04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

bwb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by BUrgy View Post
Ya I remember that temp being sold at CT to.

EDIT: I just talked to him, and he said he sold to owner of the site, but they are re-distributing it illegally because he did not sell them full rights.
That is not true, we bought the design and own it fully. The author attached no stipulations and that is crazy, when you buy a design you own it.

04-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

Originally Posted by bwb View Post
That is not true, we bought the design and own it fully. The author attached no stipulations and that is crazy, when you buy a design you own it.
Actually, no you don't, not unless the designer stipulates specifically that through the purchase you acquire all resell rights. In the real world, creative work isn't sold on an ownership basis.

For example, 90% of the ownership rights for advertisments you see on TV belong to the companies who made the adverts, not the company of the product/service they are advertising.

04-20-2007, 01:19 AM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by faint` View Post
Actually, no you don't, not unless the designer stipulates specifically that through the purchase you acquire all resell rights. In the real world, creative work isn't sold on an ownership basis.

For example, 90% of the ownership rights for advertisments you see on TV belong to the companies who made the adverts, not the company of the product/service they are advertising.
Actually that is incorrect, we own full rights to that design and I've never heard that before. If you stipulate that in the sale you can do whatever you want, but when you sell the design you sell it, the person can do anything they want with it.

04-20-2007, 01:25 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

you have a copyright on the design, not full rights. copyright prevents others from creating similar media. you have "copy protection". if there's no documentation of all rights being signed away, they're not.

04-20-2007, 01:31 AM
bwb is offline bwb
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by derek lapp View Post
you have a copyright on the design, not full rights. copyright prevents others from creating similar media. you have "copy protection". if there's no documentation of all rights being signed away, they're not.
Sorry I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, we bought this design, and we own this design, if we wanted we could resale it to people or give it away. If you think anything else you are sadly mistaken and need to do a little legal research.

04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

buying the design doesn't transfer full rights to you. as the creator, he has full rights and permissions over how the media is used. selling it you, he's obviously fine with you owning it and using it. if he doesn't consent to you selling it and making a profit off it, he's able to take action against you.

a very notable case is one that happened in toronto a while ago - someone was contracted to design and create a series of sculptures for downtown toronto. he did it, the city loved it. for christmas, the city decorated his sculptures with lights and wreathes and the designer didn't like it at all, and as he had full rights over how the media was to be used, he took them to court stating they altered the appearance of his sculptures without his consent and he wants them restored to their intended appearance, and he won, because he didn't sign away the rights in the contract.

think of it this way. i bought a cd. it's mine. i own it. if i start renting halls and playing it on a PA system and charging admission i can be sued by the band if they find out.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >