Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1606 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw.

Thread title: FA Cup Quarter Final Draw.
Closed Thread    
02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old  FA Cup Quarter Final Draw.

Premiership champions Chelsea have been handed a home tie with Newcastle in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

Birmingham were given a home encounter against European champions Liverpool in the draw at the Football Association's headquarters on Monday.

Middlesbrough will visit Charlton in the all-Premiership round.

The final tie will pit the winner of the Aston Villa and Manchester City replay at home against either Bolton or West Ham.

Managerless Newcastle knocked out Chelsea in the FA Cup last season, with a 1-0 victory in the fifth round at St James' Park.

But they face a daunting task at Stamford Bridge, where Chelsea have not lost in 90 minutes for two years.

The Cup is Newcastle skipper Alan Shearer's last chance of winning silverware with his hometown club.

Rafael Benitez's Liverpool side have not beaten Birmingham in four attempts since the Spaniard arrived at Anfield in 2004.

But the Reds boss, whose side are third in the league and through to the last 16 of the Champions League, is hopeful Blues will be more concerned with their relegation battle than the Cup.

"At this stage, with all Premiership clubs you've got to play good teams," said Benitez.

"Maybe Birmingham will be more concerned about their league position and this might not be as important to them as staying in the division.

"I feel I've got a big enough squad to cope with playing in three competitions and all I can say is that I'd have rather been drawn at home."

The quarter-final games will take place on 20-23 March.

All four ties will be played in midweek because of the shortened season ahead of the World Cup finals.

Charlton v Middlesbrough
Aston Villa or Manchester City v Bolton or West Ham
Chelsea v Newcastle United
Birmingham v Liverpool
Some interesting games there, looking forward to them, had 2 bets with my mate, 1 was that Chelsea and Liverpool would draw together and I also did a pot luck guess and better Villa or Man City would get Bolto or West Ham so no loss .

Closed Thread