Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1408 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

How to start freelancing

Thread title: How to start freelancing
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Mauro.Casas is offline Mauro.Casas
Expertise: programming, wizardy
Software:

Mauro.Casas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Mauro.Casas

Old

Originally Posted by Trustworthy View Post
very nice short introduction! however how can I begin attracting people to my design portfolio? I feel as if it is really hard to get costumers by just using your portfolio Also I have only done one official project for a client..
Hey mate.

Look, we all know getting started in freelancing can be a rough-way sometimes, but, keep in mind, once you get used to it, you'll love it.

I remember starting when I was 15, doing small jobs around the webs.
When I was looking for a client, I tried to find people whose needs fitted my skills, I don't like lying to my client to "nail" the job.

Nah, that's not me. If I can't do it, I don't do it, easy as that. I always refer other people when I can't do the job, that's what this is all about. It's a big market, with big competitors, but moral things should remain there

Also, as I didn't have a portfolio, I used to charge a little less than what I should have charged, and when I finally got myself a GOOD portfolio, this happened last year, I have given myself the treat of having a bit stepper price ranges and now, of course, my skillset & knowledge has grown exponentially compared to what it was couple years ago.

I hope this helps you!

And sorry for all the typos/grammar mistakes there could be. My native language is Spanish, and altought I know English, sometimes it's hard for me :P And also, I literally split open my left index finger with a cutter so it's difficult to use that finger Hahaha.

05-02-2013, 11:12 PM
david_of_makurl is offline david_of_makurl
Expertise: programming/design
Software: notepad,microsoft paint

david_of_makurl is on a distinguished road

Old

thanks for the post, I had really never given thought to the steps to proper being a proper freelance programmer, a question i have is, how is the job outlook for freelance programmers, is there any freelance programmer out there that care to share their freelance career?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6