Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1045 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Community Article Contest - $100 Cash Prize!

Thread title: Community Article Contest - $100 Cash Prize!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
10-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old  Community Article Contest - $100 Cash Prize!

Dear Community,

The Talkfreelance team is very proud to announce our very first community article contest! This contest will allow you, our community, to submit self-written articles to be in with the chance of winning a $100 cash prize! The winner will be decided upon by a community vote and announced here at the forum. Not only that, but you will also be part of a unique opportunity to share insightful articles and provide a small library of useful information for the community to read. So, let us encourage you to take part!

Please read the details below to see how the contest will function.

Contest Procedure
All articles must be posted as a thread in the “Contest Entries” forum by 15th November 2400DST. We will then create a two-day poll with all the article entries, a judging criteria for the community to consider and open the vote out to the community to choose our winner.

Terms and Conditions

You may only submit original content that you have written. If we find any cases of plagiarism, your article will not qualify for the competition and your account will be suspended for an indefinite period of time. We will be checking all entries for plagiarism before they qualify for the community vote. We also urge users to report the entry post or PM a member of staff if they feel that an entry has been plagiarized.

The article you submit must be relevant to the topics discussed in this forum. What these are should be fairly obvious, but as a guideline; anything under the Talkfreelance Design, Talkfreelance Web Site Development and Talkfreelance 3M's - Management, Marketing & Monetizing forums should be fine. Of course, you can write general articles on freelancing also. Just make sure your article is something that would appeal to or help an online freelancer. You may take a humorous stance in your article if you wish, but it still must be relevant to the topics of this forum and it must remain clean and to the point.

We will get full rights to the winner's article. By submitting an article to our entries forum, you should be aware that if you are to win the contest, you will hand over the rights of the article you have written to Talkfreelance.com. This will become effective from the point you receive the $100 cash prize. This also means that you cannot post your article on other websites/forums or redistribute it until the contest has closed, just in case you win. If you do post your article on another website/forum before the contest has ended, you will disqualify yourself from the contest. When the contest has ended, for those that did not win, you will keep full rights to your article, but it will remain displayed here at Talkfreelance.com (unless you ask us to remove it). Though this is a contest, you are also doing this to contribute to the community. We will credit your user account as the author when the articles are displayed on this website.

Your article must be 500-1200 words.
For your article to qualify for the competition it must be between 500-1200 words in length. The judging criteria will specify that shorter articles are not less likely to win than longer articles. This competition will be judged on article quality, rather than length, but more specifically, how well you cover the subject in the number of words you write.

What we’re looking for
  • Insightfulness into areas not as readily covered on the web.
  • Concise and well written.
  • Helpful to freelancers and web developers.

Anything else?
  • You may submit more than one article, as long as it differs in topic from others you have submitted.
  • Please post any questions you have as a reply to this thread.

Let it begin! You may start submitting your articles as soon as you are ready! We wish the best of luck to everyone and we hope you all enjoy reading each other’s articles.

Tweet This

- The Talkfreelance Team

10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
rahahm33 is offline rahahm33
Software:

rahahm33 is on a distinguished road

Old

well i suck at writing.. any tips?

10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by rahahm33 View Post
well i suck at writing.. any tips?
Just do the very best you can. Even if you don't win, your contribution will be valued.

10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
bbrian017 is offline bbrian017
Expertise:
Software:

bbrian017 is on a distinguished road

Old

nice work Seb I really enjoy the look and feel of this forum I hope to see it pick up!

10-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Lynch is offline Lynch
Software:

Lynch is on a distinguished road

Old

I like the sound of this, expect an article from lil old me

10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
kye is offline kye
Expertise:
Software:

kye is on a distinguished road

Old

I wish I had the time to take part seb

Oh well.. Good luck to those who give it a go!

10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by kye View Post
I wish I had the time to take part seb

Oh well.. Good luck to those who give it a go!
Ah well, maybe you'll run into some time in the next month.. Would be great to see something from you if you do.

Look forward to seeing your entries, people

10-14-2009, 10:14 PM
caesargus is offline caesargus
Software:

caesargus is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to caesargus Send a message via MSN to caesargus Send a message via Yahoo to caesargus

Old

Are there any topics you are looking for?

10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by caesargus View Post
Are there any topics you are looking for?
Originally Posted by Seb View Post

The article you submit must be relevant to the topics discussed in this forum. What these are should be fairly obvious, but as a guideline; anything under the Talkfreelance Design, Talkfreelance Web Site Development and Talkfreelance 3M's - Management, Marketing & Monetizing forums should be fine. Of course, you can write general articles on freelancing also. Just make sure your article is something that would appeal to or help an online freelancer. You may take a humorous stance in your article if you wish, but it still must be relevant to the topics of this forum and it must remain clean and to the point.

What we’re looking for
  • Insightfulness into areas not as readily covered on the web.
  • Concise and well written.
  • Helpful to freelancers and web developers.

10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Zivem is offline Zivem
Software:

Zivem is on a distinguished road

Old

Excellent. Being a Professional Article writer, this will be a good opportunity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >