Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1110 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Talk Freelance Moving Forward

Thread title: Talk Freelance Moving Forward
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
01-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Zane is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zane

Old

^^^
to help i guess ?

01-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Blaze
I’m confused, you will own it but Robson will still be admin? But surely if you own it then you would want profit from ads ect so why would Robson hang around?
Because he loves TalkFreelance.

Lets have some info on BigZee, might we seen you around on any other forums?

01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello Mate!

Firstly, welcome to Talkfreelance!

I would like to ensure anyone who has ever been part of a community that has since been sold and declined into a state of povety, that isn't what's about to happen here! Talkfreelance means alot to me, it's my "baby" if you like. I'm still admin, i'm still going to be visiting daily and posting, helping out with decisions and let's not forget my fantastic promotions! (which will be back very shortly!).

The fact is, I couldn't take Talkfreelance to where I wanted it to be, Talkfreelance really does require some serious financial backing to improve, something I lacked. Talkfreelance is one of the best communities i've ever been a part of (and that's not because i'm admin) I really do believe we have some fantastic members, intelligent discussion and a laugh most of the time!

Regardless of whether i'm admin or not.....i'd still be visiting Talkfreelance daily because it's a community that interests me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Talkfreelance develop under a third owner, Good luck and best wishes for 2006!

01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Well good luck to Big Zee with bringing TalkFreelance to where he wants it to be and good luck to Robson in helping him and with anything else you do from here

It'll be good to see TF thrive even more which im sure it will

01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Techno
Because he loves TalkFreelance.

Lets have some info on BigZee, might we seen you around on any other forums?
Well my background is generally internet marketing, so this covers a broad range of things, I run my own company and I do post on a few other forums - although I go under a couple of other usernames: "Big Richard" & "boywonder" - don't ask me why they are different - just ended up changing them for no apparent reason really - unfortunately as you know changing a username is a pain on forums once you have set one up!

I started out programming my own sites, but now my time really revolves around management, so I get programmers to do the actual development now - I was never that great anyway!

I will be releasing a new project in the new future (next month or so) that I am very excited about (which will be very closely intergrated with TF and should be a big benifit to all TF members!!) - cant say much more than that really as I want to keep it under my hat till it launches, but TF members will be the first to know about it!

01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

To make a short, and quite frankly blunt, post: We trust Robson but why should we trust you to lead our community; effectively, responsibly...? Answer in 200 words.

01-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

I like the way Salathe speaks like this is yaXay .

01-23-2006, 07:45 PM

Old

Techno, care to enlighten me as to what on earth you're trying to say, via PM of course? (To avoid any confusion, mostly on my part.)

01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe
To make a short, and quite frankly blunt, post: We trust Robson but why should we trust you to lead our community; effectively, responsibly...? Answer in 200 words.
As I and Robson have already posted, there is no change in management at all other than I "financially" own the forums. So I am happy to have Robson still lead the community and forums for as long as he wishes.

I have actually "owned" the forums for a couple of weeks (only the very parts of final server move happened today). So I expect you never saw any difference in the past few weeks - I was an admin for that time but just remained "hidden" on the forums so as not to cause confusion till everything had finally occurred - server move etc. If I had remained hidden and had not posted this thread, then you and most others would never have seen any physical difference in the running of TF. So just treat it as having an additional admin on board and wait for the developments to the site.

Thanks

PS as I also previously said I will be launching a new project which will work very closely with TF in the coming month or so. I will hopefully be VERY benificial to all freelance developers - ie a product which is free and you can sell to all your customers for a hefty fee. I will not elaborate any more at the moment, other than to say TF member will be the first to know about it and therefore capitalise on it - watch this space!

01-23-2006, 08:17 PM

Old

Thank you for your reply Zee, your points have been noted and I am eager to see where TF goes in the future under your ownership and Robson's direction.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >