Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1729 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Just got back from running...

Thread title: Just got back from running...
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old  Just got back from running...

Well, last night we had a pasta party to get ready for our run this morning. I got about 30 minutes of sleep before I had to wake up at 5:00AM to leave for the run..

The run itself was 14 miles, and is an annual event. I ran the entire thing (breaks every 2 miles), and I'm sore as I've ever been... has anyone else done something similar (long runs)? Sad thing is, I don't have a watch so I couldn't time myself, but I did good for me. I came in like 60th place every break (about 80-100 people total), which is actually pretty amazing for me, especially with the distances.

Anyway, that's my story.

08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Charllie is offline Charllie
Software:

Charllie is on a distinguished road

Old

Done the London Marathon last year.. lol Weren't too good. Didn't train enough.

Coming back for it this year though

08-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Haris is on a distinguished road

Old

If you do cardio exercises everyday and build your stamina. You won't have any problem with the next event.

08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah, it wasn't a race, just a social run. My coach this year is starting to make us do some hard cardio workouts and even some different work. For example, next Wednesday we are going to a pool and doing some exercises there.

08-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Charllie View Post
Done the London Marathon last year.. lol Weren't too good. Didn't train enough.

Coming back for it this year though
I watched it this year and ran the Junior one two years back. The buzz you get is great when you run it. =)

08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Charllie is offline Charllie
Software:

Charllie is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Saulie View Post
I watched it this year and ran the Junior one two years back. The buzz you get is great when you run it. =)
Heh yeh, the first 100 yards, then after that you're just knackered! lol. I got too much of a buzz and wanted to be leading, so practically sprinted my way to the front, but then after a bit just lost it =P lol. Stupid..

08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Charllie View Post
Heh yeh, the first 100 yards, then after that you're just knackered! lol. I got too much of a buzz and wanted to be leading, so practically sprinted my way to the front, but then after a bit just lost it =P lol. Stupid..
Worst thing about it is that you can't stop, there's nowhere to hide and have a little breather, if you have a little rest everyone around you will be looking at you and thinking things, I couldn't do that. Everyone would just scream at you to keep going.

08-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

The trouble with marathons is because they participators do not normally have the professional trainers to turn for advice to, most of them carry just normal bottles of water around with them. Then they wonder why they faint. It's a good job that paramedics are on standby to deal with water intoxication at these major events else they'd be many deaths at the end of the run.

I was cycling through a huge national park around here about one month ago, and there were some people jogging through the park on a 10 mile run. Most of them just had standard bottles of Evian water or other popular bottled water brands in their hands. Does make me sigh with despair.

08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
damien is offline damien
Software:

damien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to damien

Old

I've done a half marathon (13 miles) before, no breaks. Although, I run 50-60 miles a week so I am used to it.

08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Wildhoney View Post
The trouble with marathons is because they participators do not normally have the professional trainers to turn for advice to, most of them carry just normal bottles of water around with them. Then they wonder why they faint. It's a good job that paramedics are on standby to deal with water intoxication at these major events else they'd be many deaths at the end of the run.

I was cycling through a huge national park around here about one month ago, and there were some people jogging through the park on a 10 mile run. Most of them just had standard bottles of Evian water or other popular bottled water brands in their hands. Does make me sigh with despair.
What do you recommend? I normally just drink water and Gatorade. Without the Gatorade I wouldn't have been able to run that far, it really helps. I also had pasta and tons of Gatorade before which usually helps (do it before long runs and meets).

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >