Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1576 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Immersion and Catalyst join the team.

Thread title: Immersion and Catalyst join the team.
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
07-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Artashes, how the hell are you picking these moderators? Are you just randomly going through old members or what? Catalyst has barely posted at TFL in the last two years. I see some posts in June, that's nice. But before that was February.. then THREE posts in 2009 and some activity for 2008.

I'm all for "been in the community for years" but picking members that I rarely see contributing over the last few years makes no sense whatsoever.

07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Immersion is offline Immersion
Software:

Immersion is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Artashes, how the hell are you picking these moderators? Are you just randomly going through old members or what? Catalyst has barely posted at TFL in the last two years. I see some posts in June, that's nice. But before that was February.. then THREE posts in 2009 and some activity for 2008.

I'm all for "been in the community for years" but picking members that I rarely see contributing over the last few years makes no sense whatsoever.
I thought you were going to mention me with my abysmal post count.

07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Artashes, how the hell are you picking these moderators? Are you just randomly going through old members or what? ... picking members that I rarely see contributing over the last few years makes no sense whatsoever.
These two do seem odd choices. Perhaps they were just the most interested privately? Just for fun, here's what their posting habits look like (x-axis is months from joining until now, y-axis is posts).

07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Ohh nice graphs Salathe!

07-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Following your rationale, I shouldn't be the admin of this site since I only started actively posting few months ago, thus do not have the experience to be an able manager.

I pick my team members not based on number of posts they have (or made) but based on what they offer with their expertise in reaching my long-term objectives and what they do behind the scenes.

Thank you for welcoming a member who is eager to help this community, Jordan.

07-15-2010, 01:31 PM
JRayers is offline JRayers
Software:

JRayers is on a distinguished road

Old

*Edit: Catalyst put it perfectly below.*

07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Jordan, I understand your point, but I assure you that I am a perfect fit for this position. If I am able to help with the ongoing development and quality of this community, I will do so by any means in my skill set.

From what a couple of you have noticed already, my activity within the past year or so haven't been noteworthy, but I dedicated the time in my own professional life to become a full-time User Experience Designer for a top software design and development company. Doing this enabled me to open up to a tremendous amount of new information in relation to pure visual design, user interface interaction, and grasp concepts from the most up-to-date techniques on design/development in the industry. My knowledge combined with the professionalism that I have developed over the last couple years will enable me to walk into this thread and safely say that my activity is not of concern and that skill prevails.

I see your point that being active could potentially create a "better staff member," but I assure you that Artashes is doing the right thing in selecting the people with the clear area of expertise and knowledge in their field that will carry over into helping this community prosper, more than just what's displayed in my post activity.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

-- Catalyst

07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

I have to agree with Jordan on this one. I don't even know who Catalyst is, and i've been here just as long.

07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
These two do seem odd choices. Perhaps they were just the most interested privately? Just for fun, here's what their posting habits look like (x-axis is months from joining until now, y-axis is posts).

*wonders how you did that*

Out of curiosity, do me!

07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I have to agree with Jordan on this one. I don't even know who Catalyst is, and i've been here just as long.

I have been around, just not on this user name.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >