Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1456 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Immersion and Catalyst join the team.

Thread title: Immersion and Catalyst join the team.
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I have to agree with Jordan on this one. I don't even know who Catalyst is, and i've been here just as long.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Following your rationale, I shouldn't be the admin of this site since I only started actively posting few months ago, thus do not have the experience to be an able manager.

I pick my team members not based on number of posts they have (or made) but based on what they offer with their expertise in reaching my long-term objectives and what they do behind the scenes.
I'd say touche but you actually purchased this from a sale so I'd say that it's slightly different.

How do you even pick them when they're not even active then? That's what you're not explaining to people here. That's great you think they've got the expertise but.. are you wading through posts from 3 years ago to find these people? You always seem to mention how LONG they've been here when you've announced mods too.

Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
From what a couple of you have noticed already, my activity within the past year or so haven't been noteworthy, but I dedicated the time in my own professional life to become a full-time User Experience Designer for a top software design and development company. Doing this enabled me to open up to a tremendous amount of new information in relation to pure visual design, user interface interaction, and grasp concepts from the most up-to-date techniques on design/development in the industry. My knowledge combined with the professionalism that I have developed over the last couple years will enable me to walk into this thread and safely say that my activity is not of concern and that skill prevails.

I see your point that being active could potentially create a "better staff member," but I assure you that Artashes is doing the right thing in selecting the people with the clear area of expertise and knowledge in their field that will carry over into helping this community prosper, more than just what's displayed in my post activity.
You actually haven't been active here since 2007. Salathe's graph shows that you've had bare minimal activity in 2008. Three posts in 2009... I'd say your "within the past year" is far understated. Which again brings me to the point of how random it is selecting you to be a mod.

That's fantastic that you've grown so much over the years.. but so has almost everyone else. If we're going to do prove our worth as you've doneat then I started my own small business in 2005 and each year I've doubled my profits.. I also have several other successful projects that bring in income.. So what now?

--------------------------------

have been members of this community for years.

have a long history with TalkFreelance.com
It might just be me that believes this but a moderator shouldn't be someone who's been here x amount of years. It should be someone who's been reporting threads/posts all the time, someone who's been helpful in threads as much as they can possibly be.. Essentially someone who's continually been here at TFL over the years. Not someone who WAS.

I quoted the 2nd one from the other mod thread which I'm fine with both picks (although still was uneasy with Gatt.) The only issue I have here is just Catalyst.

07-15-2010, 06:48 PM
hakem is offline hakem
Software:

hakem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to hakem

Old

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Glad I'm not the only one.

I'd say touche but you actually purchased this from a sale so I'd say that it's slightly different.

How do you even pick them when they're not even active then? That's what you're not explaining to people here. That's great you think they've got the expertise but.. are you wading through posts from 3 years ago to find these people? You always seem to mention how LONG they've been here when you've announced mods too.

You actually haven't been active here since 2007. Salathe's graph shows that you've had bare minimal activity in 2008. Three posts in 2009... I'd say your "within the past year" is far understated. Which again brings me to the point of how random it is selecting you to be a mod.

That's fantastic that you've grown so much over the years.. but so has almost everyone else. If we're going to do prove our worth as you've doneat then I started my own small business in 2005 and each year I've doubled my profits.. I also have several other successful projects that bring in income.. So what now?

--------------------------------

It might just be me that believes this but a moderator shouldn't be someone who's been here x amount of years. It should be someone who's been reporting threads/posts all the time, someone who's been helpful in threads as much as they can possibly be.. Essentially someone who's continually been here at TFL over the years. Not someone who WAS.

I quoted the 2nd one from the other mod thread which I'm fine with both picks (although still was uneasy with Gatt.) The only issue I have here is just Catalyst.
ok , it's not like that .. for example if you offered me your services , why would I say no ?

it's the same here , if someone goes to the owner and tell him I will make some improvements in the forum ... he won't say no in most cases ..

it's the same with me . i've told the owner of the other forum that I would make some improvements , he called me and we talked , then he put me as an administrator .. and lots of members objected that . but later no one said anything .

I vote for jordan to be a mod

Edit : and btw , I have something like 50 posts only in the public forums forum , but in the mods section i have like 700 posts.

07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Out of curiosity, do me!
Ooh kinky.

Ah, you meant a graph... here it is! You were having fun back in Dec 2005.

07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Aha. Sweet.

That was the month of Robsons epic competition if I recall.

07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Originally Posted by hakem View Post
ok , it's not like that .. for example if you offered me your services , why would I say no ?

it's the same here , if someone goes to the owner and tell him I will make some improvements in the forum ... he won't say no in most cases ..

it's the same with me . i've told the owner of the other forum that I would make some improvements , he called me and we talked , then he put me as an administrator .. and lots of members objected that . but later no one said anything .

I vote for jordan to be a mod

Edit : and btw , I have something like 50 posts only in the public forums forum , but in the mods section i have like 700 posts.

Someone who immediately bashes a new staff member of Talkfreelance without even knowing anything about them would not be staff material in my personal opinion.

I love this community and I have seen it go through its up's and down's, so I chose to accept this position because I have an undying passion for design, development, administration, and being an educated professional in the industry that people are able to approach if they have any issues, feedback, or anything in general concerning TFL.

Yes, I will admit that I have strayed away from the freelance scene a couple times due to progressing my career, educational, and profession reasons, but all that matters right now is that I am a person with a great amount of experience running communities, skill in relation to user aesthetics, maturity, and I am able to put everything I have towards the ongoing development of this site.

I don't understand how a few of you would instantly be hostile towards a person who clearly has the passion for what this community stands for. Yes, there's a few new staff members. Give us a chance to make a difference before calling us out because of our activity.

I'm here to help guys.

07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Someone who immediately bashes a new staff member of Talkfreelance without even knowing anything about them would not be staff material in my personal opinion.
For what it's worth, someone who immediately rules out a potentially great staff member based on a few posts voicing their opinions on some surprising new staff choices would not be staff material in my personal opinion*.

See what I did there?

I'm here to help guys.
Looks like you are here to toot your own horn and wow us with how amazing you are*.

* Not actually my opinion.

07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
For what it's worth, someone who immediately rules out a potentially great staff member based on a few posts voicing their opinions on some surprising new staff choices would not be staff material in my personal opinion*.

See what I did there?

Looks like you are here to toot your own horn and wow us with how amazing you are*.

* Not actually my opinion.

Salathe, you are the best. It goes both ways, I understand. It's really stressful to sign on here knowing that people have an issue with someone accepted in to assist the very people that are pointing you out.

I will show you guys.

07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
hakem is offline hakem
Software:

hakem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to hakem

Old

I love this community and I have seen it go through its up's and down's, so I chose to accept this position because I have an undying passion for design, development, administration, and being an educated professional in the industry that people are able to approach if they have any issues, feedback, or anything in general concerning TFL.

Yes, I will admit that I have strayed away from the freelance scene a couple times due to progressing my career, educational, and profession reasons, but all that matters right now is that I am a person with a great amount of experience running communities, skill in relation to user aesthetics, maturity, and I am able to put everything I have towards the ongoing development of this site.

I don't understand how a few of you would instantly be hostile towards a person who clearly has the passion for what this community stands for. Yes, there's a few new staff members. Give us a chance to make a difference before calling us out because of our activity.

I'm here to help guys.
I feel that you got my reply the wrong way . , what I mean that I don't care about your posts ,or anything , and I know that you can make a change in this forum ..

07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by hakem View Post
I feel that you got my reply the wrong way . , what I mean that I don't care about your posts ,or anything , and I know that you can make a change in this forum ..

Well, I thank you for the support, Hakem. Time will tell all.

07-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

How do you even pick them when they're not even active then? That's what you're not explaining to people here.

I have explained it at least two times already: here and here. Just in case it wasn't very clear, I am offering the third and final explanation here.

I'm fine with both picks (although still was uneasy with Gatt.) The only issue I have here is just Catalyst.

Let's agree that this is not entirely accurate. These appointments were my decisions and it were my actions that turned Matt's and Rick's usernames color into green, consequently your only issue should be with me, not with them. Theoretically they couldn't have stopped me from doing it even if they told me they were going to chase me with a big knife after.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >