Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1496 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Namecheap problem

Thread title: Namecheap problem
Closed Thread    
05-19-2006, 01:00 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old  Namecheap problem

I have my domain tomstill.co.uk which i purchased last year.

From what i gather, .co.uk domain names can only be registered for 2 years not 1.

I paid by credit card (well parents did- as i dont have/want one), and it came through that it wouldnt work. To which they said they refunded the card, everything was fine.

I then logged onto namecheap, and found that it actually did work, but only registered for one year...and hadn't charged my account.

Very weird but i went with the flow, and its just come up to renew and im having issues.

Once again, it said it wouldnt renew, this time i paid by paypal and the money was refunded. The renew on the domain hasnt gone through and its really confusing.

Has anybody had similar problems, or have an advice?

Regards, Tom

05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Reason(if available):Name cannot be extended. Registry response is: Object is not eligible for renewal:can only renew 6 months prior to expiration; wait until after Sat Jan 6 05:54:13 PST 2007
Ah i just got this in an email...i think i see the problem. When i purchased it , it somehow went through with a 1 year policy for a .co.uk domain (impossible huh lol) Now the year is up, it tells me i need to reregister it, but when doing so, the database is telling it that its been paid for, for 2 years, and you can only renew 6 months before expiry.

So i need to renew it now..otherwise it will expire, but at the same time, i can't renew it until Jan 2007.

What the heck!

05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Razvan is offline Razvan
Expertise:
Software:

Razvan is on a distinguished road

Old

Strange, never had any .co.uk domains at namecheap. I think it would be best you contact namecheap support.

Closed Thread