Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1637 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

InertArt.v1

Thread title: InertArt.v1
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
03-31-2005, 02:05 PM
mub is offline mub
Expertise:
Software:

mub is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mub

Old  InertArt.v1

Click to view...

The eagle on the splash was made by a friend (Rockbridge, if some of you know him) since I'm just getting to grips with the basics of Vector Art.

I know the content area is a little small, and not all the tutorials are there yet, but it's more of a prototype than anything until I buy the new domain. Also the shoutbox scrollbars will be modified using CSS.

Comments and critisism is appreciated, thanks

03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
BlaineSch is offline BlaineSch
Expertise: Web Applications
Software: Notepad++

BlaineSch is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BlaineSch Send a message via MSN to BlaineSch Send a message via Yahoo to BlaineSch Send a message via Skype™ to BlaineSch

Old

It looks neat I like the red thing that's goin on no idea what it says, because parts of it are in a different language.

This is the homepage

Tutorials and News Script are being added.

Donec vel est. Quisque iaculis faucibus libero. Nunc ut enim. Nam sit amet purus sed nunc vehicula condimentum. Morbi magna. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pellentesque. Vestibulum porttitor. Suspendisse potenti. Maecenas commodo, ligula mollis suscipit luctus, turpis ipsum egestas mi, ut fringilla massa neque non ligula. Vivamus mattis mattis ligula. Phasellus rutrum laoreet leo. Curabitur convallis. Nam at lectus ac orci tristique tempor. Quisque et orci. Donec nulla tortor, interdum id, elementum non, vestibulum sit amet, sapien. Suspendisse est dolor, eleifend ultricies, convallis at, nonummy at, leo. Nullam erat justo, laoreet vitae, aliquet vitae, venenatis ac, dolor. Nam porttitor, lectus eu hendrerit blandit, lorem mauris sollicitudin nulla, eu ullamcorper tortor dui non ligula. Nunc id felis. Vestibulum pharetra rutrum sem. Aliquam vitae quam vitae magna interdum venenatis. Proin eleifend. Ut blandit viverra enim. Phasellus blandit tincidunt nibh. Quisque nec felis nec sem ultrices tincidunt. Mauris sit amet nulla. Vestibulum vel libero in nibh imperdiet congue. Quisque a tortor. Integer et urna. Nulla tincidunt ultrices neque. Donec ac nulla sit amet lectus semper iaculis. Ut wisi. Cras pharetra, nulla non lobortis vehicula, arcu felis nonummy neque, at sollicitudin massa elit id augue. Vivamus pretium wisi sed nunc.

03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
mub is offline mub
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Donec vel est. Quisque iaculis faucibus libero. Nunc ut enim. Nam sit amet purus sed nunc vehicula condimentum. Morbi magna. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pellentesque. Vestibulum porttitor. Suspendisse potenti. Maecenas commodo, ligula mollis suscipit luctus, turpis ipsum egestas mi, ut fringilla massa neque non ligula. Vivamus mattis mattis ligula. Phasellus rutrum laoreet leo. Curabitur convallis. Nam at lectus ac orci tristique tempor. Quisque et orci. Donec nulla tortor, interdum id, elementum non, vestibulum sit amet, sapien. Suspendisse est dolor, eleifend ultricies, convallis at, nonummy at, leo. Nullam erat justo, laoreet vitae, aliquet vitae, venenatis ac, dolor. Nam porttitor, lectus eu hendrerit blandit, lorem mauris sollicitudin nulla, eu ullamcorper tortor dui non ligula. Nunc id felis. Vestibulum pharetra rutrum sem. Aliquam vitae quam vitae magna interdum venenatis. Proin eleifend. Ut blandit viverra enim. Phasellus blandit tincidunt nibh. Quisque nec felis nec sem ultrices tincidunt. Mauris sit amet nulla. Vestibulum vel libero in nibh imperdiet congue. Quisque a tortor. Integer et urna. Nulla tincidunt ultrices neque. Donec ac nulla sit amet lectus semper iaculis. Ut wisi. Cras pharetra, nulla non lobortis vehicula, arcu felis nonummy neque, at sollicitudin massa elit id augue. Vivamus pretium wisi sed nunc.
That is just latin filler text, commonly used to display what sites look like with content, instead of writing "Content here, content here, content here". You can get more information at Lipsum.com

Thanks for the comments though

04-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Haret is offline Haret
Expertise:
Software:

Haret is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Haret

Old

Looking good I must say, I love the way you've managed to bring in more than 1 shade of red/dark brown to the design, though the colours are similar, it's nice to see how they show up individually Very nicelyu done

On a sidenote..err, your age on the forums contradicts with your age in your site's biography

04-01-2005, 12:40 PM
mub is offline mub
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Haret
On a sidenote..err, your age on the forums contradicts with your age in your site's biography
Hmmm...didn't realise that, thanks for the heads-up

Also, cheers for the comments

04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

Generally the site looks nice, but I do have a few negative comments.

The splash page is *nice* but serves no purpose. It’s not good for SEO and also quite a large % of people click off sites before actually taking time to find the “enter” button on a splash page.

While your site was loading this was my train of thought…
“Yeah, all looking good.. nice use of colors.. looks very professiona---.. oh wait.. there is a doggy looking shoutbox with loads of over excited people telling your how cool you are”.

Now I guess this is all down to personally preference but when I see a site that has got a shoutbox I generally don’t take them seriously. I know loads of sites do it and its all the rage now-a-days, but IMO it makes you look stupid. Especially when there are loads of people using it to ask for link exchanges and over-using smilies.

The same really goes for the “your stats” box. Its nice to know how much traffic your site is getting, but letting everyone else know just doesn’t make sense to me. Unless your site is getting stupid amounts of traffic your “todays uniques: 10” is nothing to be proud of.

I also think your logo is pretty weak. I am sure with your design skills you can whip up something better.

Apart from that, the site looks nice. Good work.

04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
mub is offline mub
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah, I was thinking of maybe getting rid of the shoutbox, since there's always too many people flooding it. The only question is, what to use it for?

Same with the "Your Stats" part, I suppose I can turn it into a "Most Recent Design" box?

04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

Yes, thats a great idea.

04-01-2005, 03:01 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks really nice! Great shades of red going on. I think the shoutbox would look better if the scrollbar matched the rest of the design and not the default grey.

04-02-2005, 01:05 AM
farcannell is offline farcannell
Expertise:
Software:

farcannell is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to farcannell

Old

ooo look its mub's .. another clan template/lsd biatch! its Jinx btw..

nj on the folio

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >