Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1651 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Starting out in SEO

Thread title: Starting out in SEO
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
AndyD is offline AndyD
Expertise:
Software:

AndyD is on a distinguished road

Old  Starting out in SEO

HI All,

I am trying to get into SEO as it seems to be getting mroe and more important it appears. In fact I built a site for a client, and get top ranking for his product and location (which was as requested), but not for the product alone, itself. I wondered whether anyone could offer any advice or where I could go to in order to get advice on increasing rankings for the "product itself" option?

Cheers
Andy

08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
JaredDetroit is offline JaredDetroit
Expertise: SEO, Web Design, Programming
Software: RIOT, Netbeans

JaredDetroit is on a distinguished road

Old

Andy,

The reason that you're ranking for the product+location before just the product is that you have less competition when you have a geographic qualifier. When you're trying to rank for the product search only, you're competing against every other website in the world that sells that product (well, same language anyway).

I would say more knowledge on SEO and consistent work at white hat SEO techniques, building better content, making sure your on-site elements match your ranking goals, and continuing to build links will get you there. If you are truly just getting started, I would suggest making sure you know everything there is to know about SEO. This is a pretty good guide: http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo (I'm not affiliated, I just use their products)

Jared

Thanked by:
vince128 (08-25-2011)
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
madhusmita is offline madhusmita
Software:

madhusmita is on a distinguished road

Old

The first thing you need to do is to get traffic to the home page.The products are listed in the inner pages.If the home page is getting better indexing, the inner pages will also get better indexing.Later you can also do for the Inner pages.